Here's how you can jailbreak iOS 9.3.3 and jailbreak iOS 9.2 on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPod touch and more using Pangu.
The Wait Is Up - You Can Now Jailbreak iOS 9.3.3 All The Way Back iOS 9.2 Using Pangu's Latest Tool
The moment everyone had been waiting for has finally arrived. Pangu Team has released its latest tool to jailbreak iOS 9.3.3 (Apple's latest mobile firmware) all the way back to iOS 9.2. The tool is available to download right now and supports all 64-bit devices.
The list of compatible devices are as follows:
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPad mini 2, 3 and 4
- iPad Air 1 and 2
- iPad Pro 9.7 and 12.9
As of now, only 64-bit devices are compatible. Keep that well in mind before proceeding.
Things To Note Before Jailbreaking
- Take a complete backup of your device using iTunes or iCloud. You don't want to lose your data at all before going ahead with the jailbreak.
- Make sure you have a clean installation of iOS 9.2 or iOS 9.3.3. The newly released Pangu tool does not play nicely with over the air updates. The latest firmware being signed by Apple is iOS 9.3.3, therefore download it and restore using iTunes.
- Make sure Find My iPhone is disabled before going ahead with the jailbreak. Navigate to Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
- Also make sure the passcode and Touch ID features are off on your iPhone. Navigate to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- Make sure your Apple Watch is not connected with your iPhone. Simply turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone.
Precautions And FAQs
Here are the official FAQs from Pangu's website itself:
1. Jailbreak on the demand
The latest Pangu jailbreak tool allows the user to jailbreak iOS devices on the demand. The user can easily jailbreak the iOS devices by running the click-to-jailbreak app, and also easily remove the jailbreak by rebooting the iOS devices. In other words, the user has full control to enable or disable the jailbreak functionality.
2. Important! Be cautious, incompatible/untested tweaks may brick your iOS devices
Due to the model change of jailbreak, some tweaks may not be able to work on iOS 9.2 – iOS 9.3.3, and even brick your iOS devices. Be cautious with the tweaks you want to install, and make sure you already made a full backup of your iOS devices.
3. Unable to run Cydia and tweaks after reboot
Reboot will make your iOS devices back to un-jailbroken states.In order to use Cydia and tweaks after a reboot, you need to rerun the jailbreak app.
4. Jailbreak preparations
We successfully tested our jailbreak tools on all compatible devices, but we highly recommend you make a full backup of your iOS devices before using our tool.
5. Get the "storage almost full" warning after jailbreak
This warning message does not affect your iOS devices. You can just ignore it.
6. Unable to Jailbreak
Yes, it may happen. Please reboot and retry.
Jailbreak iOS 9.3.3 - iOS 9.2 Using Pangu
Read all the steps first before jailbreaking your device.
1. Download the Pangu tool from this link. (Windows only)
Note: the tool is available in Chinese for now, it will be released in English soon. We will update this post whenever it is live. If you have no clue regarding Chinese then please DO NOT go ahead with the jailbreak. You do not want to mess anything up.
2. Launch the tool and connect your iOS device to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
3. The tool will now detect your device and will show you whether or not it can be jailbroken.
Note: If, for some reason, the tool is not picking up your device then either change the USB port or try restarting your computer.
4. Simply follow the on-screen instructions extremely carefully to jailbreak your device. You will be required to install a profile on your device to install the PP app. Make sure you grant it necessary permissions when prompted.
5. Once the PP app is installed, launch it on your device.
6. Allow the PP app to send you push notifications, and tap on the circular button to install Cydia. Your device will restart after the process.
Once the jailbreak iOS 9.3.3 - 9.2 process is underway we highly recommend not touching your device until or unless you're requested to do so by the tool itself. You do not want anything to go wrong at this point. Therefore ensure smoothness by exercising a lot of caution during the entire process.
This Jailbreak Is A Semi-Tethered
Also, it's worth mentioning here that this is a semi-tethered jailbreak. This means you will lose your jailbreak whenever you restart your device. Launch the Pangu app from the home screen and tap on the circular button to re-jailbreak again. You do not have to run the tool on your computer at all though, unlike a tethered jailbreak.
Since this is a brand new tool from Pangu therefore you will run into trouble in certain places. But fret not, we will be posting follow-up guides to fix things immediately, so stay tuned to our coverage!
Some Last Words
Since this is a brand new jailbreak therefore expect many tweaks and apps to broken. They will, of course, be updated, but still exercise caution before you go on a download and installation spree.