iPhone X Quickly Overtook iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus In Sales, But Not The Two Combined
Apple launched its flagship smartphones of the year back in September. While the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus followed the footsteps of their predecessors, the iPhone X featured radical design changes in a bevy of aspects. For instance, the front of the iPhone X features an edge to edge glass panel without a Home button. In addition to this, Face ID replaced Touch ID as an authentication source. Now, data from Mixpanel shows that the iPhone X overtook iPhone 8 and 8 Plus in terms of sale. So let's dive in to see some more details on the matter.
The iPhone X Features Sales More Than The iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus Individually
While the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus were released normally, consumers had to wait more than a month to get their hands on the iPhone X. Eventually, the iPhone X was launched to the public on November 3 and at this point, it has been well over a month for its availability. Even though the new iPhone was launched much after the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, it quickly overtook the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus in sales.
With that said, we can speculate a rough comparison for user preference on the popularity of the new iPhone models. It would not be wrong to say that the iPhone X is a much bigger upgrade than iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, but given it comes with a hefty price tag is considerable. However, the iPhone X did not beat the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, the two combined in sales. The duo is still selling better than the shiny new iPhone X.
Using the analytic data accumulated from applications that use Mixpanel's software developer kit, the firm was able to know that the iPhone X is now 4.76 percent of all iPhone users. The iPhone 8 Plus rests at 3.59 percent. iPhone 8, on the other hand, is quite behind at 2.78 percent of all iPhone users. However, the combined penetration in the market for the iPhone 8 and its bigger Plus-sized variant is 6.37 percent.
Older iPhone models take the biggest portion of share. These cater users who use their phone's for more than two years after they are passed on to their family members. According to Business Insider, this year's iPhone models will overtake the iPhone 7 Plus within the next couple of months. Soo after the iPhone 7 will follow as well.
There will be more to the story, so be sure to stay tuned in for more. This is all for now, what are your thoughts on the iPhone X overtaking the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus is sales? Share your views with us in the comments.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter