New Intel microcode updates are now live for almost all the versions of Windows 10, including the latest November 2019 Update and the original version of the desktop operating system released back in 2015. These optional updates can be downloaded through the Microsoft Update Catalog.
These updates fix several security issues, and were already delivered for some CPUs. The Windows maker revised the support page last week, adding that the Intel microcode updates are now also available for the following families:
- Sandy Bridge
- Sandy Bridge E, EP
- Valley View
- Whiskey Lake U
Microsoft and Intel have shared the list of processors that these updates are out for. You can check if the latest Intel microcode updates are out for your CPU from the following list, depending on the Windows 10 version you are using.
Intel microcode updates for Windows 10
- KB4497165: updates for versions 1909 and 1903 (download link)
- KB4494174: updates for version 10 1809 (download link)
- KB4494451: updates for Windows 10 1803 (download link)
- KB4494452: updates for 1709 (download link)
- KB4494453: version 1703 (download link)
- KB4494175: updates for Windows 1607 (download link)
- KB4494454: updates for original W10 version (download link)
Note: these won't be available through Windows Update; you will have to download them manually. Be sure to check user reports since some of these microcode updates do end up negatively impacting system performance.