Intel Delivers Latest Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 Drivers For Kaby Lake-G Processors
Intel has released the latest Radeon drivers for their multi-die processors which includes the Kaby Lake-G family. The drivers are a huge update for all Kaby Lake-G processors which were before this day running older drivers and hadn't been updated in a while.
Intel Finally Updates Kaby Lake-G CPU Drivers To Latest AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 Version
When Intel released the Kaby Lake-G processors, outfitted with AMD's Radeon RX Vega GPUs, users were promised to get full advantage of Radeon drivers on an Intel-powered platform. Since release, the drivers being shipped with the Kaby Lake-G CPUs were the older AMD Radeon Crimson ReLive 17.11.2 version and since their release, AMD has released new driver revisions which improved the performance in several titles while fixing major bugs and offering more stable operation.
Just a few days ago, AMD released their latest Radeon Software drivers, the Adrenaline Edition 18.6.1, that's jam-packed with a range of new features. Following are just a few highlights from release notes:
- Warhammer™: Vermintide 2
- Up to 9% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 56 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.2 at 2560x1440 (1440p).
- Up to 10% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.2 at 2560x1440 (1440p).
- Subnautica™ may experience a black screen on launch or during gameplay.
- Sea of Thieves™ may experience a crash or hang while playing in the Cannon Cove area.
- The desktop may not be visible or may appear out of the display area when using 8K resolution on Radeon Pro Duo.
- World of Tanks™ may experience square corruption on some ground textures in multi GPU system configurations.
- Middle Earth: Shadow of War™ may experience flickering in some game menus or when configuring displays when using multi GPU system configurations.
- World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering on the minimap in multi GPU system configurations.
- Some games may experience minor stuttering during gameplay when the Radeon ReLive Instant Replay feature is enabled and FRTC is also enabled.
- Radeon Overlay may not show all available features when some games are run in borderless fullscreen mode.
- The Witcher™ 3: Wild Hunt may experience stuttering during gameplay.
- Corruption may be experienced with OGL or Vulkan™ API applications on some Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
- Sea of Thieves™ may experience corruption on ship sails or ropes while standing on a boat.
- Radeon Chill may experience lower than expected minimum frame rates if a game is left idle with Radeon Chill enabled for extended periods of time.
It's great to see that Intel released a driver update for Kaby Lake-G that has driver parity with AMD Radeon products. While it took longer than usual to bring these drivers to a Radeon product on an Intel platform, we expect to see updates arrive more in sync with other Radeon products to the Intel Kaby Lake-G family.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter