Install Stock Android 4.2.2 on HTC One M7
The stock Android 4.2.2 ROM from Google Play Edition of HTC One is available to be flashed on standard HTC One M7 smartphone. If you want the Nexus experience on your HTC One, then this ROM is just for you!
The firmware is rooted, busyboxed and odexed by XDA developer, bigxie. More information about this release can be found in this XDA thread here. The features include: Stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with the latest Google applications, new Camera interface, WiFi, Bluetooth, Beats Audio toggle (under Sound Settings) and the Tbalden 4.2.2 kernel.
Prerequisites to install stock Android 4.2.2 on HTC One:
- Backup any important data as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device from developer options.
- Your HTC One M7 should be having a recovery tool like ClockworkModor TWRP.
- Juice up your device to at least 60% of power.
How to install stock Android 4.2.2 on HTC One M7:
Required files: download the pre-rooted stock ROM of Google Play Edition for HTC One from here. Save it on computer but do not extract the contents.
- Connect your device with computer using a USB cable and copy the firmware file on your device' SD card. Disconnect your HTC One M7 when the copy is done.
- Switch off your phone now and reboot into recovery mode.
- Perform Nandroid backup: go to backup > backup and restore.
- Next comes wiping tasks: select wipe and then press Factory Reset. Confirm it.
- Return to the main screen and press Install and locate the downloaded stock Android 4.2.2 firmware file.
- Confirm the installation by swiping the button shown at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the installation is finished, Reboot and then press System option to restart your phone into normal mode.
Awesome! You just have flashed Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean stock ROM from HTC One Google Edition onto your standard HTC One M7 device.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter