Install Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 T999
Slim Bean ROMs are one of the most popular custom ROMs for Android. The Build 1 series of this custom firmware for Android 4.2.2 was released some time back and now it is back with major improvements. The Slim Bean Build 2 Android 4.2.2 for Galaxy S3 T999 would let you have a ROM filled with features and amazing capabilities. Some of them include but are not restricted to:
- TheRealDarkSlim Toggle (Initial)
- Shiny new SlimSizer
- Re-named SlimOTA to SlimCenter
- SlimFilemanager: Added root functionality
- Extended Quick Settings style options (tiles per row, press/bg color, etc)
- New notification & lockscreen shortcut icons
- Update DashClock to latest version
- NFC Polling Mode (AOKP)
- Lockscreen pattern: Toggle dots/error pattern visibility (from CM)
- Added Power/Camera to Lockscreen long-press button actions
- Add USB Tether tile & LTE tile
- Advanced low battery indicator options (popup/sound/notification)
- Mark dismissed call as missed
- Automatic keyboard rotation feature
- Fullscreen toggle added to browser menu
- Add Signature to Messaging option
- Customize charging battery color
- Added more scenes & focus modes to camera
- Added exposure and jpeg quality to video camera
Some fixes were made too in the Build 2 of Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 JB. These include:
- NavBar back / menu firing after long-press actions
- NavBar “kill app” action killing system apps and crashing system
- A2DP streaming sound quality fixes
- HTML5 audio playback
- BT tethering label
- HighEndFX properly hidden on devices with native support
- Fixed hide HighEndFX option for devices with native suppor
- Fixed routing for BT voicedial feature
- Low headphones sound issue fixed
- Fixed pinch to zoom Camera
Important: For those asking us to try tutorials on other Android devices, please ONLY try on the devices and model numbers mentioned in the posts or you might get your device hard bricked. This guide is only for updating Galaxy S3, model number T999. Please do not try this guide on any other device. You can check your device’s model number in: Settings > About phone.
Prerequisites before you install Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 T999:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 carries more than 80% of charge.
Install Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 T999:
- Connect Galaxy S3 T999 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the SD card of your handset.
- Disconnect the cable and switch your Galaxy S3 off. Boot in to recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo shows up. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Now, perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later if this new ROM does not work or you want to move back. Select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go to recovery menu after backup process is done. - very important step.
- Next perform the full data wipe by going to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path. Come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition. Once it’s finished, tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data.
- Now from sdcard, select install zip from sdcard and choose zip from sdcard. Locate the ROM file from sdcard and select it by pressing power button. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation.
- Once done, repeat the above step for installing Google Apps Package.
- Now navigate to +++++Go Back and select reboot system now. Wait for the device to boot in to the new Slim Bean Build 2 ROM based on Android 4.2.2 for Galaxy S3 T999.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter