Indie FPS ‘Earthfall’ Will Support 4K+HDR on PS4 Pro, HDR on Xbox One S
Seattle-based indie studio Holospark announced that Earthfall, their cooperative first-person shooter planned to be available for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, will support 4K & High Dynamic Range technology on PlayStation 4 Pro as well as HDR on Xbox One S.
Art director Steve Holt said:
Earthfall is already an incredibly intense and visceral experience. Moving to HDR and 4K on consoles is going to make it even more stunning, and show a level of detail that players haven’t experienced before.
Earthfall was announced at PAX West 2016, where the game was also playable on the show floor. The setting will be familiar to all those who enjoy sci-fi movies, TV shows and books: after a meteor strike hits Earth, aliens emerge and ravage the planet.
Players take the role of ordinary people banding together to fight back the invasion. Earthfall is scheduled to be available in the first half of 2017, sporting the following core features:
- Co-operative Survival For Up to Four Players – Team up with friends to survive the alien infestation. Robust multiplayer support and A.I. teammates stand ready to ensure a full team at any time regardless of available players.
- Build Your Defenses: Strategically deploy barricades to block the enemy hordes and install turrets anywhere in the levels to the create the perfect alien killing zones.
- Print Your Weapons – Use advanced 3D printers found within the game to print more than twenty different weapons to use against the vicious alien enemies.
- Multiple Campaigns – Each campaign tells a story across several missions, allowing players to dive in and experience diverse settings and mission types across an authentic depiction of the Pacific Northwest.
- Close Encounters of the Brutal Kind – Deadly aliens come in all shapes and sizes, from massive waves of drone attacking to towering behemoths spitting plasma, making every experience different each time you play.
- Battle Unpredictable Enemies – Earthfall features a dynamic spawn system that provides new challenges each and every time you play.
- An Unfolding Story – Every campaign reveals new content and secrets behind the world of Earthfall, and the cataclysmic alien invasion.