P30 Pro Gets DC Dimming, and More in Latest Update
Despite all the trouble that Huawei is in with the US government, the company is still doing an ok-ish job of pushing updates to its smartphones. The Chinese telecommunications giant has till mid-August before their Android license runs out. Currently, the most powerful Huawei out there is the P30 Pro The company has released several fixes for the smartphone with the new EMUI 126.96.36.199 update. The update brings optimizations for the fingerprint scanner, the display, and the overall system UI while also bringing DC Dimming as well as a new ultra-low latency Bluetooth mode. Here's the full changelog:
- This update adds the DC dimming mode, preventing screen flickering.
- Adds the DC dimming mode, preventing screen flickering. Go to Settings > Display > Eye comfort to enable Flicker reduction.
- Adds Huawei’s ultra-low latency Bluetooth technology, allowing for high-quality sound and no-lag audio and video syncing, providing a thrilling listening and viewing experience.
- Improves photo quality, making colours appear more natural and authentic.
- Fixes the abnormal display of videos recorded by the front camera.
- Adds the option to enrol a second face.
- Optimizes fingerprint authentication. Re-enrol your fingerprints for an improved user experience
- Fixes the issue where the display colours are abnormal in certain scenarios.
- Allows for messages and notifications to display on a locked screen with live wallpaper.
- Fixes the issue where the screen does not turn off automatically in certain scenarios. Optimizes system stability, for smoother overall performance.
DC Dimming is one feature that has been popular among smartphones with AMOLED panels. The LEDs used as the backlight for the AMOLED panel pulsates instead of glowing continuously at low brightness, which causes strain on the eye. Another change the update brings is ultra-low latency Bluetooth technology which is said to improve the performance of Bluetooth audio devices.
Lastly, the Huawei P30 Pro’s in-display fingerprint scanner is also said to have been improved. Users can now add a second face for the face unlocking feature. There is also some improvement in the quality of the images. The update is will roll out to all P30 Pro units globally and should be available to all users in the coming weeks.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter