How to Reverse Mouse and Touchpad Scrolling Directions in Windows 11 Computers
On your touchpads and laptops, there is always a default scroll direction. Up means up, and down means down. However, you can have fun and change these directions easily using the Windows settings app. This tutorial will show you how to reverse mouse and touchpad scrolling directions in Windows 11 computers.
Reverse Mouse and Touchpad Scrolling Directions
You can change the touchpad directions in the settings app and the mouse directions using the registry editor. Just follow this very straightforward tutorial, and you are good to go.
Reverse Touchpad Scrolling
Step-1: Open the settings app using the shortcut keys Win + I.
Step-2: Select Bluetooth & devices from the left pane.
Step-3: Scroll down and select Touchpad.
Step-4: In the Gestures and Interaction section, click on Scroll & zoom to expand the option.
Step-5: In the drop-down menu next to the Scrolling direction, select the option opposite to what you have right now. For example, instead of Down motion scrolls up, select Down motion scrolls down.
Change Mouse Scrolling
Before you make any changes in the registry editor, always ensure that you have created a system backup. Another thing that you must do before reversing the mouse scrolling direction you have to identify mouse information.
- Right-click on the Windows start menu to open the WinX menu and select Device Manager. You can also use the shortcut keys Win + X to open the WinX Menu.
- Click on Mice and other pointing devices to expand the option.
- Locate the current active mouse you are using and right-click on it. Then select Properties.
- Click on the Details tab.
- From the Property drop-down menu, select Device instance path.
- In the Value box, now confirm the VID ID value. For example – VID_0E0F&PFC_0003&MU_01 (Whatever value have, copy it or write it down somewhere for the next steps.)
Step-1: Use the keys Win + R to open the Run box.
Step-2: Type regedit and press Enter.
Step-3: You will be asked if you want to allow this app to change your computer. Click yes.
Step-4: Paste the following path in the address bar at the top and press Enter:
Step-5: From the left pane, locate the VID ID of your mouse. Click on it to expand the option.
Step-6: Now click on the Device Parameters option from the left pane.
Step-7: Locate the FlipFlopWheel DWORD in the right pane and double-click on it.
Step-8: In the box that opens, change Value data from 0 to 1. Click OK.
Step-9: Restart your system.
Let us know if this helped, in the comments below.