How to Manage Fonts on Windows 10
Windows 10 boasts almost an endless library of fonts that can be customized along with support for third-party developers. This means that any font type in TTP format is eligible to work on your Windows 10 PC.
Now, third-party fonts might not always be reliable that’s why Microsoft hosts its own library that can be accessed and installed via the Microsoft App store. Managing such a vast library of fonts on Windows 10 can be tricky but after version 1803, the controls have been moved to the Settings app instead of the Control Panel. You can access, add, and even remove fonts from your system by following these simple steps.
How to Add System Fonts on Windows 10
- Open the Start menu and type font in the search bar. Click on the Font settings to proceed.
- Select the Get more fonts in Microsoft Store option to open up the Microsoft Store.
- Scroll through the available fonts keeping in mind that some of them are paid, and select your preferred font.
- Click on the Get button to continue with the installation.
- Select the Install button to begin downloading the font.
- It might take a couple of minutes for the font to download.
- Head back to the Font settings to view the newly installed font listed among the others.
How to Add All Supported Fonts at Once
- In the Fonts settings, select Download fonts for all languages to proceed.
- The system would prompt to confirm this action as this would take up a significant amount of space on your hard drive. Although fonts can be uninstalled, some of them are system-protected and cannot be removed. Click on OK to continue.
- Now the system will commence installing all the supported font families on Windows 10 and they will begin to appear in the Font listings.
How to Install Third-Party Fonts
- First, you need to download a third-party font family in TTP format. You can also access font family packs from Adobe via your Creative Cloud account.
- Simply drag and drop the TTP font file that you have downloaded into the Drag and drop to install box within Font settings. The installation will take a few seconds and your new font would reflect immediately.
How to Remove System Fonts
- In order to remove system fonts, click on the font to access a preview of the font pack.
- Select the Uninstall button to continue.
- The system will prompt you to confirm this action whether you want to delete the font family or not. Click on Uninstall to finish uninstalling the font.
- Keep in mind that some system fonts are default and system-protected therefore they cannot be removed by the users.
You can manage system fonts on Windows 10 using these simple steps and install, remove, or even add all supported font families at once on your PC.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter