How to Extra Dim Your Screen Brightness Beyond Minimum on Android Phone
If you use your phone at night, the first thing that you would do is lower the brightness. However, there are times when even the minimum brightness would still seem too bright. If you have found yourself in a similar situation, Android 12 houses a new Extra Dim feature that lets you decrease the brightness of your Android phone's screen beyond the minimum level. If you are unfamiliar with the mechanism, scroll down to see how you can use the new Android 12 Extra DIm feature on your phone.
How to Decrease The Brightness of Your Android Phone Beyond The Mimim Limit Using Extra Dim Feature
The new Extra Dim feature in Android 12 is pretty self-explanatory - it dims the screen of your Android phone beyond the minimum level set by the manufacturer. Luckily, the feature rests in the Seeings and you do not require any additional software from third-party sources. If you are unfamiliar with the mechanism, learn how to use Extra Dim on your Android phone's screen. The steps are fairly simple so be sure to follow them carefully.
1. The first thing that you have to do is swipe down from the top of the screen twice for Quick Settings.
2. Swipe right and locate the Extra Dim tile. If you can not see it, you will have to move the Extra Dim tile into the Quick Settings.
3. When you do that, simply tap and hold on to the Extra Dim tile to go to its settings.
4. In the Extra Dim settings, toggle on Make screen extra dim. You will see the screen brightness decrease.
5. You also have the option to control the intensity of the dimness through an Intensity Slider. Choose the level that best suits you.
This is all that you have to do to enable Extra Dim screen brightness on your Android phone. Below the Intensity slider, you will be presented with two more options. You can toggle them on or off as per your needs, You can choose if you want the settings to remain active after the device restarts and the option to add a shortcut.
This is a pretty neat addition if you are someone who wants to use their phone at lower brightness. Overall, it will be quite helpful when reading at night. Moreover, it will not put a strain on your eyes when viewing media content that will enhance your user experience.
For more helpful guides and tutorials, head over to this section.
This is all there is to it, folks. How do you like the new Extra dim feature on your Android 12 phone? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter