Apple released the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models last month with major changes in almost all departments. While the general design language is more or less the same as last year's, the camera has been upgraded with a 48MP sensor on the iPhone 14 Pro models. With the upgraded camera hardware, Apple says that there is a "new machine learning model [that] delivers sharper images and less noise for unprecedented detail." However, the photos will take a significant amount of space compared to a 12MP photo. Henceforth, you can always change the ProRAW Resolution to 12MP on iPhone 14 Pro models.
How to Easily Change ProRAW Resolution to 12MP From 48MP on iPhone 14 Pro Models And Save Storage
As mentioned earlier, the 48MP main camera on the iPhone 14 Pro will take photos with more details. While it is very helpful for editors, average users might see their iPhone storage go down very fast. Henceforth, for casual or everyday photography, users can change the 48MP ProRAW resolution to 12MP. If you are unfamiliar with the mechanism, follow the steps below:
Step 1: The first thing that you have to do is launch the Settings app on your iPhone 14 Pro.
Step 2: Scroll down to the Camera option and tap on Formats.
Step 3: Under Photo Capture, tap on ProRAW Resolution. Make sure that the Apple ProRAW option is enabled.
Step 4: Change the ProRAW Resolution from 48MP to 12MP.
This is all that you have to do to change the ProRAW resolution from 48MP to 12MP. While the quality of the photos will be more or less the same to the naked eye, the storage space would be consumed less. Once the setting is changed, head over to the Camera app and tap on the ProRAW icon. You will now take 12MP ProRAW photos.
You might also like:
- Fix the "Could Not Activate iPhone Activation" error on iPhone after updating to iOS 16
- Fix iOS 16 stuck on the "Preparing to Update" error on iPhone
- Fix the "Software Update Failed" error on iPhone after installing iOS 16
- Fix WiFi and Bluetooth Issues After Installing iOS 16
- How to Enable Haptic Feedback on iPhone Keyboard on iOS 16
- How to Fix Your iPhone Performance After Updating to iOS 16
- How to Edit Multiple Photos at The Same Time on iOS 16
- How to Fix iOS 16 Battery Drain Issues on All iPhone Models
This is a very important setting that you must change if you have an iPhone 14 Pro with lower-tier storage options.