How to Root XXUBMEA Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S4 i9505
Samsung has started rolling out another update for Samsung Galaxy S4 Germany users to increase the memory size! The XXUBMEA update will not only increase the storage but would fix plenty of bugs and bring performance improvements. The update will be received by all the international Galaxy S4 devices eventually. Germany users can update it via OTA or KIES but you too can manually update your Galaxy S4 i9505 Snapdragon to this latest update for galaxy S4 to increase memory storage.
XXUBMEA firmware details:
Version: Android 4.2.2
Updates and enhancements in the latest update for Galaxy S4 i9505:
- Upgrade Galaxy S4 SD card storage from 9.15GB to 9.23GB
- New Camera firmware
- Smearing issue has been fixed (Purple effect while scrolling)
- Smart Pause Toggle
- Move Apps to SD Card
- HDR Video (Can record HDR video)
- Semi-transparent status bar
- New Icons in Settings
- Secure boot status (About Phone)
- Increase legibility (Display) (New feature)
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 i9505 to XXUBMEA firmware update:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 i9505 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root XXUBMEA Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S4 i9505:
Required files: download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMEA for Galaxy S4 i9505 and Odin 3.07 in your PC. Extract the firmware file and you will get a .tar.md5 file along with some other files (optional). Extract and install ODIN too on your computer.
- Power off your Galaxy S4 i9505 and wait for a few seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Boot your device in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously until you see an Android construction bot on screen. Press Volume Up again to enter into the Download Mode.
- Run Odin .exe as an Administrator on your computer (admin rights are required) and connect your Samsung Galaxy with your computer using the USB cable. Once connected, you will get a message in Odin’s message box saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In your Odin, click on PDA and select the .tar.md5 file with *code* appearing in its name (required). Click on Phone to select a file with *modem* in its name, on CSC button select a file with *csc* in its name and finally click on PIT to select the .pit file. All these latter three are optional files so do not worry if you haven’t got any such files.
- In Odin window make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is. Also, select Re-Partition if you have got a .pit file.
- Double check everything in the last two steps to confirm and then hit the START button to initiate the official firmware update process.
- Once the installation is successfully finished, your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 will reboot automatically and soon you will get a PASS message in Odin. Disconnect the smartphone from your computer and check out the new features.