Guide to Unlock SIM Locked Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 and i9500
SIM-locked phones come at subsidized prices, reason why many people have to get their smartphones that are network-locked. But at times we do not appreciate to be bound with certain network. It can be even more frustrating if you are changing your location and learn to know about another, better network carrier provider. So why not to go the unlocking way then?
You can always buy the unlock codes from the network or get any third party to SIM-unlock Galaxy S4 but here are a few simple steps that will certainly help you in unlocking your Samsung Galaxy S4 without any other help, payment or hassles. This method has been tested and works on GT-i9505 and GT-i9500 models. The incredible part of using this procedure is that the SIM-Unlock achieved by this way is permanent. It retains even if you install the official stock firmware from your carrier!
How to unlock SIM locked Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 and GT-i9500:
Important: Do not use Back button of your Galaxy S4. Instead use the Menu button of your phone and then select Back from the options.
- Dial *#0011# on your Galaxy S4 in Phone app to launch Service Mode.
- When the Service menu is launched, tap on Menu (left soft key) and select Back from the list of options shown.
- Tap on the Menu key again and select Key Input from the options. This will show you a pop up box. Tap on it, enter 1 & press OK.
- Tap on the Menu button yet again and select Back. This should take you back to the Main Menu of Service Mode.
- Once in MAIN MENU, tap on the first option:  UMTS.
- When you get into the UMTS MAIN MENU, tap on:  Debug Screen.
- On the next screen select the 6th option:  Phone Control.
- Once in Phone Control menu, select:  Network Lock.
- Next, tap on:  PERSO SHA256 OFF.
- From here, go back to the UMTS MAIN MENU by tapping on Menu (left soft key on SGS4) and selecting Back from the options.
- Once you are in the UMTS menu, tap on: COMMON.
- There, select: NV REBUILD.
- Now in the NV Rebuild menu, tap on:  Restore Back-up.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 will now go into a temporary freezing state. After a while you’ll see some activities. The screen will be black and the LED will turn Blue. The Menu and Back key button on phone will also light.
- Lastly, your Samsung Galaxy S4 will reboot automatically and will take a minute or two in booting up.
Congratulations! Your Galaxy S4 GT-i9500 and GT i9505 is now SIM-unlocked. No more carrier bondage! Try a SIM card from another carrier to confirm the process and do not forget to send us a Thank You note!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter