How to Root Samsung Galaxy S8+
We have already shared with you the steps and links to root Samsung's beautiful new Galaxy S8. If you have opted for its bigger sibling, this guide will help you to root Galaxy S8 Plus with Chaifire's popular and easy-to-use CF-Auto-Root utility.
Must read before proceeding to root Galaxy S8 Plus
Rooting an Android smartphone has become almost like a tradition in the Android world. However, it does come with its set of warnings. While the process is simple and straightforward, make sure you have a backup of your data; that you have USB drivers installed on your PC; you are downloading the correct file for your model number; and that your device is fully charged.
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the root steps.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus on your computer.
- Make sure to take a backup of any important files on your smartphone
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings > About Phone > Software info and tap for about five times to enable Developer options. You will get a "You are now a developer" message.
- Go back to Settings and now you will see a new Developer Options menu. Tap on it and scroll down to find OEM Unlock. Enable it.
- Also, enable USB debugging option from Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus carries more than 70% of charge.
Check and confirm your phone's model number: Go to Settings on your phone > scroll down to About device > note the Model number. The CF-Auto-Root supports the following Galaxy S8 Plus models:
Note: You can use these links and steps to root your Galaxy S8 on any firmware version as CF-Auto-Root is "largely" firmware independent. However, it is advised that you refer to the official site for fresh links (simply search for your model number) in case some new update isn't working well with the utility and Chainfire publishes an updated version.
How to root Galaxy S8 Plus with CF-Auto-Root
Required files: download Odin for installation from here; also download and extract Chainfire root tool for your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus:
Here are the steps to root Galaxy S8 Plus using CF-Auto-Root.
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it on your PC.
- Unzip Chainfire zip file and retrieve .tar.md5 file on your computer.
- Switch your phone off and enter Download Mode: press and hold Volume Down + Bixby buttons simultaneously and then press the Power key until you see the construction Android robot sign. Press Volume Up key once to confirm.
- Open ODIN on your computer and connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus with your PC while it's in Download mode.
- In ODIN, click on the AP or PDA button and select the extracted CF-Auto-Root .tar.md5 file.
- Ensuring that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are selected, click on Start to initiate the root process.
- When the root process is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message and ID:COM will turn green on Odin.
- Once your device automatically reboots in the Recovery mode and install the necessary files, you will see the home screen. You can now disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
Note: In case your device doesn't boot into recovery mode, do it manually. Enter Galaxy S8 Plus in Recovery Mode using Power, Volume Up and Bixby buttons. This should finish the process. If for some reason, you are still unable to root Galaxy S8 Plus, repeat the entire process and make sure you are following all the steps correctly.
Don't forget to let us know about your experience with Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus so far.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter