How to Install and Run Windows 10 on Mac – OS X Tips
It doesn't seem to be a very "loyal" idea but if you are craving to experience Windows 10 on your Mac, it is very much possible and fairly easy too. You don't have to talk about it with your Apple fanboyish friends if you don't want to attract any humiliation - *wink*. So here is how to install Windows 10 on OS X and have dual-experience on Mac - what else should we call it?
Important: this process will show you how to run Windows 10 on Mac using VirtualBox which is a free tool. This tool, unlike others, will run the new OS as an app rather than a separate OS. This, of course, is a limiting view of Windows as you'd be running two operating systems at a time which may affect Mac's performance. However, if you don't intend to run Windows 10 on Mac very often, this would be the best free way to do so.
How to install Windows 10 on Mac:
Required files: download VirtualBox for free from here and locate the version for OS X. Install the app on your Mac.
Also, download the Windows 10 Preview ISO and save it on your desktop.
- Now run VitualBOX > click on New in the app sidebar.
- Enter a name for the new OS that you are installing.
- Click Continue.
- Leave the Hard Drive File Type to Default (VDI).
- On the next screen, select Dynamically allocated > Continue.
- Select Create a Virtual hard drive now > Create.
- Now click Start at the top of the main menu and select the Windows 10 ISO that we downloaded earlier.
- Start the process and when asked, select your language > click Next.
- Now the Windows 10 installation will start which might take a while to finish.
- Once done, you will be ready to run Windows 10 on Mac just like any other application!
You can run, quit, and delete Windows 10 preview from VirtualBox. Give it a try and let us know if you liked using Windows 10 on your Mac.