How to Fix Nexus 6P “Connected, No Internet” WiFi Issue – Android Tips
A lot of our readers have been reporting some WiFi connectivity issues with their brand new Huawei Nexus 6P. According to these reports, the latest Nexus flagship successfully connects to a network, but fails to access the internet. As confirmed by users, the same network connection is working perfectly on other Nexus or Android devices. There could be several reasons behind this issue when you receive a "Connected, No Internet" error on your Nexus 6P. Let's see how can we fix the problem.
How to fix Connected, No Internet issue on Nexus 6P:
We will outline multiple small and easy fixes in this post that you can try to see if one of them works on your Android device.
1- The basics: reconnect to the network:
- Forgetting and reconnecting to the same network often fixes several WiFi related issues as it refreshes the configuration and sets up the connection as a new one.
- Go to Settings > WiFi.
- Tap and hold the network name > click on Forget.
- Restart your Android device.
- Once done, join the same network, enter its password and see if this fixes the issue.
2- Restart the WiFi router to fix Connected, No Internet issue:
- Switch off your modem, unplug it from the power source.
- Start it after about 20-40 seconds.
- Wait until it's booted up and connected to the Internet.
- Try to connect your own device with the network now to see if you are able to access the internet.
3- Change WiFi router settings:
According to an XDA thread dedicated to the issue, playing with router settings also help.
- Access your router’s dashboard.
- Search for Channel Settings.
- Set the channel settings to Auto Performance.
- And then back to Auto Compatibility.
Let us know if one of the above solutions managed to fix Connected, No Internet issue on your Nexus device. Google is also expected to send a patch, so keep your device updated to the latest software as it might just fix the issue for you.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter