How to Delete Your Apple ID and All Your Data With it
Here's a complete guide on how you can delete your Apple ID alongside the data you have within it in a few easy steps.
Moving Away from the Apple Ecosystem or Don't Trust the Company with Your Data? Well, Delete Your Apple ID
Apple launched a brand new site/portal yesterday which allows you to download a copy of all your data the company has on you. This feature works in certain regions (for now) and hopefully will be rolled out to other places as well in due course.
In that new portal, you have a couple of more options to play around with too, such as correct the data which Apple has on you or even delete your Apple ID altogether. In today's guide, we'll show you how you can do the latter in a few easy steps.
Delete Apple ID
Note: You will be asked for confirmation before you delete your Apple ID. But remember, you will lose each and everything that is associated with your account, including apps, games, your movies, purchase and more. If you are enrolled in the iPhone Upgrade Program and several payments are left then you have to complete those payments in their entirety as well.
1. First and foremost, head over to privacy.apple.com using your desktop web browser.
2. Once here, sign in using the Apple ID which you wish to delete.
3. Once in, click on the 'Delete your account' option.
4. Read through carefully what will happen to your account once you go ahead with the process.
5. Made your mind up? Select the reason for deleting your account then click on 'Continue' at the very bottom.
If, for some reason, you know that you will be returning to iOS, macOS or even tvOS later on, then I highly recommend that you temporarily deactivate your account instead. That way at least you will not lose all your crucial data at hand.
But of course, the final decision lies absolutely with you which road you end up taking.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter