Helldivers Turning up the Heat Even More, New Content Update Out Today
Helldivers is among one of the most difficult twin stick shooters around, and it's about to get even more difficult with a large content update that should add a lot more variety to the game.
Helldivers is receiving its Turn up the Heat content update today, with a lot of new additions in tow.
Helldivers is getting a very nice and quite large update today. The Turning up the Heat content update will add new enemies, new objectives, an increased level cap and much more. You'll even be able to perform a geological survey.
The update hopes to fix some of the things that fans were most critical about, namely that enemies and objectives lacked as much inspiration as the rest of the game. Those new enemies should prove to be just as difficult as anything else in the game. In fact, this update might add a few more degrees of difficulty to it as well, taking it into another realm of impossibility.
The new enemies, The Bug Impaler, Illuminate Obelisk and the Cyborg Hound, all compliment each other with their play style. The Bug Impaler can impale you (as its name implies) with three tentacles as the Illuminate Obelisk traps you in an energy field that it uses to trap you. Cyborg Hounds, of course, can make quick work of you if you aren't watching.
Below are the additions found in the new update, available today.
- Increased rank cap from 25 to 27
- 6 new trophies
- New environment: Volcanic planets, full of dangers
- New Bug type: The Bug Impaler
- New Cyborg enemy: The Cyborg Hound
- New Illuminate enemy: The Illuminate Obelisk
- Three new objective types: Repair and Fire Artillery, Disarm Unexploded Ordnance, and Geological Survey
- New customization outfit: The Volcanic Camouflage set
- New perk: Strong Arm, allowing you to throw further