Get iOS 8 Notification Center for iOS 7 Powered iPhone and iPad – How to
If you are interested in getting some iOS 8 pizzazz on your iOS 7 powered iPhone or iPad, at least you can get some Notifications love. While devs can enjoy their beta versions, we can take a few things from here and there to get the latest iOS 8 feel on our devices. Here is how you can get iOS 8 Notification Center for your iOS 7 powered devices.
Get iOS 8 Notification Center:
iOS 8 Notification Center combines both the All and Missed tabs in to one single tab now titled as Notifications. A new edit button at the bottom lets you access your Notification Center settings quickly and the overall blur looks more transparent now with widget and notification titles having a background bar.
Here are the steps to get iOS 8 Notification Center on iOS 7 powered devices.
- You need to have a jailbroken iOS 7 device. If you are interested in learning to jailbreak iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, this guide will help you: Steps to Jailbreak iOS 7.1 and iOS 7.1.X
- Install Notific8 iOS 7 jailbreak tweak from Cydia app store: open Cydia, search for Notific8, tap on Notific8, Install, and Confirm.
- Once the app download is done, select Restart Springboard to refresh the settings.
- When your iOS 7 jailbroken device gets booted up back, you will have the iOS 8 Notification Center in effect.
When your device boots back up, you will now have the iOS 8 Notification Center.
If you then intend to remove iOS 8 Notifications, you can do so by going back to Cydia > tap on Installed > Notific8 > tap on Modify > Confirm > and hit Remove. Like before, Restart Springboard to have the settings in effect.
Notific8 developer, Stricktron intends to make improvements and changes as they happen to the iOS 8 Notification Center during the different beta builds.
– Recommended guide: Unjailbreak Your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch – How to