Former Playstation VP To Talk About Record-Breaking Console Sales & More At MIGS2016
Former PlayStation vice president, Adam Boyes, will be the keynote speaker at this year’s Montreal International Game Summit (MIGS2016). Boyes will talk about console sales, the emergence of VR/AR, the proliferation of PC gaming & more.
The Montreal International Game Summit, is the largest technical conference on the American East Coast, and will take place from November 13 to November 15 at the Palais des congrès de Montréal. Apart from Boyes, more renowed industry experts will be present at the event, including Remedy Entertainment’s head of communications, Thomas Puha, and Naughty Dog’s Matthew Gallant.
- Design – Matthew Gallant (Naughty Dog) on his combat design and AI work on Uncharted 4
- Production and project management – Thomas Puha (Remedy Entertainment) on the Making of Quantum Break
- Business and marketing – Sarah Wick (Revelmode) on the impact of influencers and youtubers
- Visual Arts – Atanas Raykov (Rocksteady) on the challenges in developing UI for VR
- Audio – RJ Mattingly (Popcap) on how to make the sharpest tools and automated processes
- Programming and technology – Anna Kipnis (Double Fine) on how to approach writing dynamic dialog systems
“Every year, MIGS is a key event in our calendar as it allows our community to have a privileged access to video game experts from around the world and brings us together. Our industry has experienced an enormous growth in Quebec. We therefore believe that MIGS is the appropriate showcase to highlight the technological advances, the commercial success stories and the distinctions that our Quebec studios were recognized for over the past year “, says Catherine Émond, Executive Director of Alliance numérique.
For the very first time this year, MIGS hosts the Video Game Bar Association (VGBA) and their Summit on Games Business and Legal Affairs, the definitive conference for international practitioners of interactive entertainment law. MIGS is co-presented by the Canada Media Fund, an essential support for innovation in the industry of Canadian production. For more information about MIGS16 and to see the full program, please visit www.migs16.com.