Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users can now update their devices to Android 4.4.2 KitKat official update. You can update your phablet to this official update via OTA or KIES. If you want to manually flash VRUFND7 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 2, this tutorial will help you out with easy steps and guidelines.
Prerequisites to flash VRUFND7 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 2 I605:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 carries more than 80% of charge.
How to flash VRUFND7 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 2:
- Install Odin on your PC and launch it.
- Switch your Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on AP on Odin, locate the md5 firmware file; check everything and hit the Start button to initiate the update process.
- When update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will then restart and you can then disconnect your device from computer.