Flash SlimKat Weekly 3.8 for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505
Are you looking for a fast ROM of Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505?, If yes, then you are at the right place. SlimRoms is known as the fastest ROM for smartphones, and today they just released a new extension which is called SlimKat Weekly 3.8.
SlimROM is a custom rom which offers the users a slimmed down firmware, but still feature rich alternative to other Android operating systems. People like it for two reason: first it is very fast and second, it is based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
Now lets move towards the features and step by step guide of how to flash SlimKat Weekly 3.8 on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505.
Features of Flash SlimKat Weekly 3.8
- The Real Dark Slim
- Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
- Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
- Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
- System-Wide Keyboard Controls
- Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
- Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
- Camera Features
- Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.
Disclaimer: This guide will be using ‘CWM recovery’ as a tool to flash the official firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Flash SlimKat Weekly 3.8 for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Prerequisites to Flash SlimKat Weekly 3.8 for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to Flash SlimKat Weekly 3.8 for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505:
- First step is to reboot your phone into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on the next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose a zip from SD card. That you copied earlier and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose Gapps .zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- That’s it.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter