First Gears 5 Title Update Released for Xbox/PC; Includes New Skill Cards Alongside Bug Fixes and Changes
The Coalition has rolled out the first Gears 5 title update for all platforms which packs new Skills cards alongside various bug fixes.
This first title update is focused on fixing some of the most impactful issues reported by the Gears community and the developer has announced that more updates are on their way in the coming months, including fixes for audio issues on PC, button remapping on PC and much more.
“While some crucial fixes have made it into TU1, work is continuing on a number of other community reported bugs and requests that we’re looking to address over the coming months”, The Coalition writes.
We’ve included the release notes for this update down below:
NEW ESCAPE SKILLS
As part of our continuing support to evolve the meta of our PVE modes, new Skill Cards are coming for Mac, Keegan and Lahni for FREE beginning tomorrow!
These Skill Cards provide strong new bonuses when playing in the Venom for Keegan and Lahni, plus an additional Venom-based option for Mac. If you like to live dangerously, builds with these Cards will benefit you greatly – but only if you can survive on a knife edge.
- Venom Resistance (Rare, Level 11): All damage taken is reduced by 10% while in Venom
- Venom Blade (Epic, Level 15): Melee damage in Venom causes enemies to bleed for 10% of damage dealt
- Venom Explosive Resupply (Rare, Level 11): Resupply recharges explosive weapons while in Venom
- Venom Boost (Epic, Level 14): Kills inside the venom reduce the cooldown of Resupply by 20s
- Venom Resistance (Rare, Level 12): All damage taken is reduced by 10% while in Venom
Each new Skill Card will be added to the Character Progression path for each Character at the listed levels.
If you have already passed the level requirements for the Skill Cards, we will be retroactively rolling out these new Skill Cards to eligible players within 48 hours of our Title Update releasing.
BUG FIXES AND CHANGES
- Re-Ups are now visible in your Player Card on the Main menu
- Improved Tour of Duty Time Remaining display to more clearly reflect the length of the Operation
- Added new DBNO markers for all weapons
- Fix for missing DBNO notification when players are DBNO (eg. downed when vaulting over cover)
- Kill feed now shows downs to all players
- Added an option to disable down/kill notifications next to crosshairs
- Added an Easy Navigation accessibility option (allows navigating linearly forward/backward through interactive UI elements on screen)
- Added Aim Toggle Accessibility option – using this toggle requires you to tap the aim button to ADS rather than hold
- Asylum: In Escalation, trains now enter on a predictable timer based on the start of the round rather than match duration
- Exhibit: Escalation rings are now the same across both halfs
- Exhibit: Laser bridge cooldown doubled from 5s to 10s
- Updated the Escape Veteran, Survivor, Escape Master Medal requirements
- Improvements to Asylum’s train audio before it enters the play space
- Resolved an exploit that allowed enemies to be de-spawned in Escape
- Escape Leaderboards now show times in the correct format (HH:MM:SS), including negative times
- Negative Escape times now consistently, correctly register on the leaderboards
- Fixed an issue where Jack’s Assault and Support Abilities can get into a state where they cannot be upgraded in Campaign Co-Op
- Fixed an issue on Vasgar where Joining In Progress could cause issues traversing the mid exit to helicopter side
- Fixed a bug that could prevent Ultimates from being activated on PC
- Resolved an issue that could rarely allow Horde enemies to spawn out of world
- Fixed a bug where players could get stuck on black screen after the credits roll
- Fixed an issue where only a single playlist reward was granted even there the player is tiered in multiple modes
- Fixed crashes when transitioning through some cinematics on Nvidia Cards
- Fixed a bug where meatshields could block shots when they are dropped and ragdolling
- Resolved an issue that could cause AI pathing issues on Harbor
Gears 5 is available now for Xbox One and PC.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter