Square Enix recently pledged improved support for PC, saying the platform would be “essential” going forward, and it seems they’re putting their money where their mouth is. The publisher has announced the previously PS4-exclusive remake Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is coming to Steam, with a variety of new features and upgrades.
Here’s an official rundown of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age’s new PC features:
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on Steam will include all of the improvements and features available in the PlayStation 4 version, such as latest-generation visuals, a remastered soundtrack, new Speed and Trial modes, and the fast-forward function. The following new features will also be added for PC users.
- 60FPS - Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60FPS
- 21:9 ultra-wide monitor support - Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 16:3 experience
- Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience
In addition to the PC-exclusive features listed above, the new port of The Zodiac Age will unlock much of the game’s exclusive content right off the bat, including...
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus - Post-game modes are now accessible from the beginning
- Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game
- Maximized License Points and Gil - New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen
Square Enix hasn’t made clear whether The Zodiac Age content will also be made easier to access on PS4, but you have to imagine it will be.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age hits Steam on February 1. Folks who buy the game within its first week of launch get a 20 percent discount, three digital music tracks, and a special Final Fantasy XII Steam Skin.