Final Cut Pro 10.4.1 Update Brings Closed Captioning Toolset, ProRes RAW Support And Other Major Additions
Apple has seen fit to release an updated version of Final Cut Pro that features some of the most highly anticipated features. Final Cut Pro 10.4.1 is available for download on the Mac App Store. Some of the features include Motion and Compressor updates along with Closed Captioning Tools and ProRes RAW support. The company previewed the update last week and as promised, the update has made its way to the public. So let's dive in to see some more details on the matter.
Final Cut Pro 10.4.1 Brings ProRes Raw Support And Closed Captioning Tools In New Update
Existing users have the ability to download the update at absolutely no charge. However, if you do not own the professional video editing software, you can get your hands on it for $299.99 in the United States. If the update has not arrived in your region, be sure to wait for it is still in the process of rolling out.
As for what's part of the new update, Final Cut Pro 10.4.1 brings support for ProRes RAW support which aims to conjoin the two elements of RAW video and ProRes performance.
ith ProRes RAW, editors can import, edit and grade pristine footage with RAW data from the camera sensor, providing ultimate flexibility when adjusting highlights and shadows — ideal for HDR workflows. And with performance optimized for macOS, editors can play full-quality 4K ProRes RAW files on MacBook Pro and iMac systems in real time without rendering. ProRes RAW files are even smaller than ProRes 4444 files, allowing editors to make better use of storage while providing an excellent format for archiving.
Closed Captioning Toolset is also part of the update which will enable creators to edit, view and deliver captions from within the app itself. Closed Caption files can also be imported to other projects and even create them from the ground up.
Here are the Final Cut Pro release notes:
• Import caption files into a Final Cut Pro project to automatically create time-synced, connected captions in the timeline
• See captions directly in the Viewer
• Use the Inspector to adjust text, color, onscreen location, and timing
• Create captions in multiple languages and formats in the same timeline
• Use the new Captions tab in the Timeline Index to search text, select captions, and quickly switch between different versions of your captions
• Attach captions to audio or video clips in the timeline
• Extract embedded captions from video to view and edit the captions directly in Final Cut Pro
• Send your project to Compressor in a single step, making it easy to create a compliant iTunes Store package with audio and video files, captions, and subtitles
• Validation indicator instantly warns about common errors including caption overlaps, incorrect characters, invalid formatting, and more
• Embed captions in an exported video file or create a separate caption sidecar file
• Share captioned videos directly to YouTube and Vimeo
• Support for CEA-608 and iTT closed caption formats
• Support for ProRes RAW files lets you import, edit, and grade using pristine RAW image data from the camera sensor
• RAW image data provides ultimate flexibility when adjusting highlights and shadows — ideal for HDR workflows
• Enjoy smooth playback and real-time editing on laptop and desktop Mac computers
• Highly efficient encoding reduces the size of ProRes RAW files, allowing you to fit more footage on camera cards and storage drives
• ProRes RAW preserves more of the original image data, making it an ideal format for archiving
• Work natively with ProRes RAW or ProRes RAW HQ files created by ATOMOS recorders and DJI Inspire 2 drone
• The new Roles tab in the share pane displays title, video, and audio roles in a single, consolidated interface
• Quickly view and choose roles to be included in exported video files
• Roles settings and enabled/disabled states from the timeline are carried through to the share pane
• Embed closed captions in a video file or export a separate captions sidecar file in CEA-608 and iTT formats
Final Cut Pro 10.4.1 companion apps, Motion and Compressor have also been updated with ProRes RAW support and Closed Captioning tools. The update will be available to you shortly if it hasn't already.
This is all for now, folks. What are your thoughts on Final Cut Pro 10.4.1 update? Let us know in the comments.