First FIFA 12 Details Revealed
New details of FIFA 12 have been revealed through the French Version of Official PlayStation Magazine. A screenshot of the game was also shown a while ago but no details or info were included along with it however this time a whole bunch of details have been given out.
The main advancement the game would feature over the previous FIFA games is the introduction of a new 'Impact Engine' which realistically tracks player contact and injuries, plus "more human" player AI. Following are the key points of the game:
- FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.
- The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.
- FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".
- Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.
- AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.
- OPM describes "new presentation" of matches in FIFA 12, which are said to be very much inspired by English football crowds.
- The game includes three new arenas, this time with integrated benches along the sidelines and "impressive lighting effects" according to OPM France.
- Integration of a new short dribble with the left stick.
- The game features a new camera that's noticeably closer to the ground.
- There's also a new menu interface that appears to be simpler and more ergonomic than before.
Impact Engine: It is defined as the integration of new contact areas on the players. Hips, knees, etc. ...
AI Vision of play: I understand it as an AI more human. Each player will have a more or less according to his abilities. The example given in the magazine: you have a player who sees Fabregas stand out before him and behind him. There will be more easier to find the path visible in his eyes.He will be careful now in the eyes of the player and thus its position rather than the human eye which directs.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter