F1 2021 Hits the Track with Next-Gen Visuals, MP Careers, and More New Features in July
F1 2021 will be racing our way in July with some new features in tow, including the new “Braking Point” story mode, 2-player competitive or co-op careers, live seasons, and spiffy new next-gen graphics on Xbox Series X and PS5. Notably, this is also the first Codemasters game to be published by EA after the former was purchased by the latter late last year. You can check out the first teaser for F1 2021, below.
- Braking Point - Go on an epic journey with 'Braking Point', our brand-new story mode. Rise from the ranks of Formula 2 to a shot at stardom in the world of Formula 1. Experience the lifestyle both on and off the track as you take your seat in the pinnacle of motorsport. That’s not all. After his infamous debut in F1 2019, Devon Butler is back. We’ll have plenty more to reveal about him and our brand-new story mode, Braking Point in the coming weeks.
- Two-Player Career - We’re also excited to reveal a feature you’ve requested for a long time – the ability to play career with your friends, either co-operatively or competitively. As each player will have complete control over the assists, you’ll be able to enjoy the game whether you’re a veteran or a newcomer.
- Real-Season Start - F1 2021’s 'Real-Season Start' feature lets you jump into this season's action, reflecting the live standings, and then you can take over and drive the remaining races. Great for players who want to jump into the season to align with the real-world season.
- Next-Generation Experience - For the first time, F1 2021 is coming to Xbox Series X|S and PS5 with visual uplift and faster loading times, alongside PS4, Xbox One and PC via Steam. And if you’re planning to upgrade, we’re very happy to tell you that F1 2021 will support Xbox Smart Delivery and PlayStation’s free upgrade if you’re switching to an Xbox Series X|S or PlayStation 5.
- What’s returning to F1 2021? - Features you know and love from F1 2020, such as My Team, two-player split-screen, shorter seasons, accessible options, and F2 aren’t going anywhere. We’re also expanding and refining many other features, including scalable assist options, driver stats and multiplayer.
F1 2021 pre-orders are open now right now, with those who reserve the game getting access to the Braking Point Content Pack, which includes various cosmetic items inspired by the game’s story mode and 5000 “PitCoins.” Of course, there will also be a Digital Deluxe Edition, which will include everything in the Braking Point Content Pack as well as additional cosmetics and 18,000 more PitCoins, 7 classic MyTeam racers, and 3-day early access. The price of the Digital Deluxe Edition has yet to be revealed.
F1 2021 peels onto PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and PS5 on July 16.
Products mentioned in this post
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter