EVGA Announces Availability Of New X299 Micro ATX 2 Motherboard
EVGA a brand well known for its graphics cards has also made motherboards for quite a long time. While they have had some missteps a few years ago, their previous X99 and Z370 motherboards have been quite good. EVGA capitalizing on that has released an updated version of its X299 Micro simply titled Micro ATX 2
Evga Releases New X299 Micro ATX 2 Motherboard
The X299 MICRO ATX 2 is a reimagined mATX board designed to support the power, performance, and cooling necessary to power Intel's i5/i7/i9 CPU's for the X299 Chipset. With a 14 Phase power design, a thick VRM heatsink/fan, two 8 pin EPS power connectors, an additional 6 pin PCIe power connector, and external BCLK, this motherboard was born for the enthusiast desiring maximum power in a small form factor. The X299 MICRO ATX 2 supports current storage standards, including M.2 NVMe, Intel Optane, Intel VROC and SATA 6Gb/s to give you a blazing fast access to your data, while Intel Dual-Band WIFI/BT and an Intel i219V Gigabit NIC Keeps you connected.
EVGA has also listed the features below
- New EVGA GUI BIOS: The new EVGA GUI BIOS has been redesigned to offer extreme performance and ease-of-use enhancements. Overclock settings are updated on-the-fly, there is a built-in stress test, or you can let EVGA OC Robot overclock for you!
- 14 Phase Digital VRM with Active Cooling: This board features a revolutionary VRM and cooling system that allows you to push the most powerful Intel Core X-series i9 processors to the limit! See why others have touted this board to push their CPU's further while remaining cooler and more stable.
- Integrated WiFi and Bluetooth Module: The EVGA X299 Micro ATX 2 features an integrated WiFi module that contains the Intel AC8265 WiFi/BT. Just add the included wireless antennas, and enjoy blazing fast WiFi speeds!
- SPI Flashing with USB: You can now flash your BIOS with no CPU installed, using the included USB dongle!
- Supports Intel Core X-series Skylake-X Processors
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- Reinforced PCIe and DIMM slots
- Intel VROC Support
- EVGA E-LEET X Tuning Support
So if you're looking to pick up a Micro ATX motherboard for your system you might want to take a look at EVGA's offering, As a matter of fact, I had a fantastic experience with the EVGA Z370 Micro on the mainstream with an overbuilt motherboard.
Pricing And Availability
The EVGA X299 Micro ATX 2 is now available for $186 on Amazon now.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter