Escape from Tarkov Alpha Extended As Developer Looks Back on 2016
A big year for the hybrid FPS/MMO, Escape from Tarkov. Battlestate Games announced today that Alpha stage of Escape from Tarkov will be extended and that more players will be accepted into the Alpha program.
Battlestate has stated that anyone who pre-orders the game will have a 75% chance of getting into the Alpha. Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore online shooter where players will need to survive in a harsh environment that borders Russia and Europe.
According to a press release, the Extended Alpha will include the following new features:
- A new raid location, the Woods - wide open spaces, dense forest vegetation, entirely new tactics and game experience
- Weapon failure and repair system
- Ability to create groups for going into raids together
- Improved game physics
- Additional performance optimization and fixes for existing issues
Battestate Games also released a new trailer talking about the current status of the game and looking through all the new features that were added in 2016. They spent a lot of time talking about how they worked on the in-game weaponry by tackling how the guns handle and shoot to feel more realistic. There's even talk of free-trade zones and acquiring insurance for weapons and gear.
Escape from Tarkov is currently still in Alpha on PC. You can pre-order the game right on their site. Picking up the Left Behind Edition will get you the following:
- Early unlock of your digital copy (early access)
- Guaranteed access to closed beta
- Chance to be selected for alpha testing
- Bonus equipment at start
- Increased size of stash (10x30)
- Additional equipment and resources in stash
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter