Epic Games Store’s Earliest Exclusive, Hades, Now Has a Steam Release Date
When the Epic Games Store made its big public debut at The Game Awards 2018, one of the very first games to announce their exclusivity was Supergiant Games’ (Bastion, Transition, Pyre) new roguelike dungeon crawler, Hades. The game might not be as high-profile as some of the exclusives Epic has lined up since, but it was the first, so it holds a certain historical significance. Well, it seems Supergiant’s deal with Epic is about to expire, because the game now has a Steam page. Supergiant Games has dropped a new Hades trailer in honor of the game’s upcoming Steam debut, which you can scope out below.
Haven’t been keeping up with Hades? Here’s a quick rundown of the game’s features:
- Battle out of Hell – As the immortal Prince of the Underworld, you’ll wield the powers and mythic weapons of Olympus to break free from the clutches of the god of the dead himself, while growing stronger and unraveling more of the story with each unique escape attempt.
- Unleash the Fury of Olympus – The Olympians have your back! Meet Zeus, Athena, Poseidon, and many more, and choose from their dozens of powerful Boons that enhance your abilities. There are thousands of viable character builds to discover as you go.
- Befriend Gods, Ghosts, and Monsters – A fully-voiced cast of colorful, larger-than-life characters is waiting to meet you! Grow your relationships with them, and experience hundreds of unique story events as you learn about what’s really at stake for this big, dysfunctional family.
- Built for Replayability – New surprises await each time you delve into the ever-shifting Underworld, whose guardian bosses will remember you. Use the powerful Mirror of Night to grow permanently stronger, and give yourself a leg up the next time you run away from home.
- Nothing is Impossible – Permanent upgrades mean you don’t have to be a god yourself to experience the exciting combat and gripping story. Though, if you happen to be one, crank up the challenge and get ready for some white-knuckle action that will put your well-practiced skills to the test.
- Signature Supergiant Style – The rich, atmospheric presentation and unique melding of gameplay and narrative that’s been core to Supergiant’s games is here in full force: spectacular hand-painted Underworld environments and a blood-pumping original score bring the Underworld to life.
Hades hits Steam on December 10. The game is currently in early access – a full launch is expected sometime in late 2020.