Downgrade from iOS 4.0.2 to iOS 4.0.1, iOS 4.0, Jailbreaking Guide for iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G and iPod Touch.
This guide will show you guys how to downgrade from iOS 4.0.2 to iOS 4.0.1 / 4.0 on iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G and iPod Touch 3G, 2G. Instructions of downgrading have been given below in the guide.
The iOS 4.0.2 fixes the exploit used in JailbreakMe 2.0 which is the jailbreak used for all the iPhones and iPod Touch. Which means that Downgrade to iOS 4.0.1 or 4.0 is required in order to jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G or iPod Touch 3G, 2G.
Tiny Umbrella will be used in the following guide to downgrade iPhone / iPod Touch firmware. Downgrading from Tiny Umbrella means that there’s no need to edit any Hosts file that is required in other guides found all over the cloud and the process could be done by a single click.
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 2G users MUST have SHSH blobs saved for 4.0.1/4.0 firmware in order to downgrade from iOS 4.0.2.
If you’ve SHSH blobs saved on Saurik’s server via Cydia, download them into your computer first. To do that:
- Connect your device, Fire up the TinyUmbrella (Download Link below-Step 1) and Check mark the Advanced Options.
- Select your device, firmware (the one for which you’ve SHSH saved at Cydia; 4.0.1, 4.0) and Cydia as Location.
- Hit the save My SHSH button. that’s it.
(e.g: to download 3.1.3 SHSH blobs from Cydia see the screenshot below)
NOTE: If iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 2G (MC) users do NOT have SHSH blobs saved for an older firmware, they can NOT downgrade unless Apple is signing the Firmware.
Downgrade iOS 4.0.2 to iOS 4.0.1 / 4.0 firmware
*** Read the whole process first and then try.***
Step 1 – Required Stuff
Download TinyUmbrella and desired firmware for iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch 3G, 2G from the links below:
Step 2 – DFU Mode
Put your iPhone into DFU Mode (How to: enter DFU Mode)
Step 3 – Start TSS Server
- Run the TinyUmbrella
- Hit the Display SHSH button to confirm that downloaded SHSH blobs has been cached by TinyUmbrella for 4.0.1 or 4.0. (If you already have them in your PC, drag and drop the SHSH blobs in the TinyUmbrella window then hit the display SHSH blobs button to confirm).
- Then hit the Start TSS Server button.
Step 4 – Restoring The Firmware
- Now Open the iTunes.
- Hold down the Shift (Windows)/Alt (Mac) key and hit the Restore button.
- Select the downloaded firmware (from Step 1) and let the restore process complete.
iTunes will bring up error 1015, 1013 or 1011 message. Don’t worry, it’s normal. You’ve successfully downgraded your iPhone/iPod Touch firmware.
Step 5 – Getting Out Of Recovery
Now in order to get out of recovery mode, hit the “Kick Device Out of Recovery” button on TinyUmbrella right below the Start TSS Server button. That’s it!
Now you can jailbreak iOS 4.0.1 and iOS 4.0 using the guides linked below and check out the list of compatible cydia applications with iOS4:
How to: Jailbreak iOS 4.0.1
Compatible Cydia Applications: List of iPhone 4 and iOS4 Cydia jailbreak compatible Applications
How to: jailbreak iOS 4.0