Dell XPS 13 Gets Intel’s Latest Processors, a Display Upgrade and a Fresh New Color Variant
The Dell XPS 13 family finally gets the quad-core processor treatment, along with other changes from the I/O and specifications that might finally compel you to make a notebook upgrade in 2018.
Dell XPS 13 Drops the Standard USB Port but Gains Two Additional Thunderbolt 3 Ports and a microSD Card Slot
The 13.3-inch models now get an alpine white version and feature thinner bezels than before. The screen-to-body ratio now stands at 80.7 percent and as you all have seen, the Dell XPS 13 is rocking one of the best build qualities for an ultrabook. There are two resolution models; a 4K and a 1080p version and you can choose to get a touchscreen model if you wish, but there is not going to be any pen accessory included in the package.
Unfortunately, there is not going to be an SD card reader or USB-A ports either; both of them have been removed and replaced with a microSD card reader and two Thunderbolt 3 ports. There is also a single Type-C USB port, and though you might be able to get more throughput with these Thunderbolt 3 ports, it will also mean having to carry around dongles. Still, Thunderbolt 3 is extremely versatile and you will obviously find several uses for it.
The starting price of the Dell XPS 13 starts from $999, which is not bad considering what you are getting for it. Will you be upgrading to one in the future?
- Price: $999 and above
- Processor options: Intel’s Core i5-8520U or Core i7-8550U
- RAM: Up to 16GB DDR4 2133MHz
- Network connectivity: Wireless Only
- Storage: Up to 1TB SSD (NVMe PCIe)
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Display and resolution: 13.3-inch with 4K display (touchscreen capable) or 1080p (both touchscreen and non-touchscreen capable)
- Camera: 720p and IR Camera
- Battery: 52Wh
- Speakers: 2 x 1W
- Ports and connectors: 2 x Thunderbolt 3, 1 x USB Type-C, 1 x microSD card reader, 1 x headphone jack
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter