[Update] The Dark Souls 1.4 update is now available for download on PlayStation 4. The update is a little over 200 MB big so it's won't take too long to download it.
[Original Story] Earlier this week, From Software confirmed that Dark Souls 3, the latest entry of the series released this month on consoles and PC in the West, is going to receive a new update in the future, introducing bug fixes and several gameplay tweaks. Earlier today, From Software has confirmed precisely when the new update will be released and when server maintenance will take place.
The Dark Souls 3 1.04 update will be released between later today and tomorrow, April 28th, depending on the region and format. Shortly before the update's launch, servers will be going into maintenance, with PlayStation 4 servers being unavailable for two hours starting from April 27th 6:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM EDT / April 28th 1:00 AM CEST, X1 ones for six hours from April 27th 6:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM EDT / April 28th 1:00 AM CEST and PC ones for two hours from April 28th 3:00 AM PST / 10:00 AM CEST.
As mentioned above, the Dark Souls 1.4 update will include plenty of changes and fixes that should make the experience more enjoyable, such as tweaks to NPCs questlines and more. You can check out full patch notes below.
- Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
- Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
- Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria’s Fingers less strict.
- Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untended Graves.
- Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
- Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
- Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
- Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
- Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
- Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can’t access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
- Fine tuned various other things, performance improvements, and corrected various bugs.
Dark Souls 3 is now available in all regions on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.