Convicted Galaxy Kickstarter Goes Live Next Week
You know what's more dangerous than space? Criminals in space. The three-person studio, Mind Grown Software, behind Convicted Galaxy will be asking for $10,225 to hit their campaign goal it goes live in January.
It's a 2.5D rogue-lite, so every playthrough will be different each time. The game also mixes elements from shoot' em up and a third person perspective. Here's a story excerpt provided by Mind Grown Software:
After a catastrophic event aboard an Interstellar Correctional Fleet (ICF) prison ship, you find yourself stranded in an unknown galaxy full of escaped prisoners. The escaped prisoners grow in numbers and strength with every passing moment. Build space stations and support structures around planets, upgrade your ship, and siege enemy locations in an effort to gain strength while weakening the enemy. Take risks when necessary, but don't forget that you only have one chance.
Here are some of the key features that are coming to the final version. Space battles and base building are going to be what keeps you busy in this rogue-lite:
- Beautiful vast universe and solar systems to explore generated new for every playthrough
- Adaptive audio
- Constructible and destructible space structures
- Navigate and alter asteroid belts to collect resources, find cover from pursuing convicts, or inflict damage
- Build and defend space stations to obtain materials and perform ship upgrades
- Deploy a variety of satellites for additional station support
- Upgrade your spaceship with powerful weaponry and combine special abilities to increase survivability
- Rescue pilots from disabled escape pods to unlock new technologies and discover what happened to the correctional ship
- One chance at each unique galaxy, so make it count
- Fight off hostile factions and destroy their space stations in a race to discover a way out of the Convicted Galaxy
Convicted Galaxy is slated for release in May 2017 for PC (Windows, Mac and Linux) depending on how the Kickstarter goes; the studio may also consider a port on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The Kickstarter campaign goes live on January 3rd, 2017. Pledging a minimum of $9 will get you a copy of the game when it's released next year.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter