Compulab Releases the Airtop2 Fanless PC Workstation – Rocks an Intel Xeon CPU and NVIDIA Quadro GPU
Compulab is introducing Airtop2 Fanless PC a high-performance rugged fanless PC for edge computing, Workstation and industrial applications that require deployment in the harshest conditions. Being able to run at an impressive industrial temperature range of -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°C for other Americans out there) The Airtop2 should be more than enough for almost all work enviorments.
Compulab Releases the Airtop2 Fanless PC Workstation With Intel Xeon and NVIDIA Quadro
Based on the Intel Xeon E3-1275 v6 with an optional NVIDIA Quadro P4000 both passively cooled using Compulab’s proprietary Natural Airflow technology and with a volume of just 7.5 liters – Airtop2 redefines the performance level of compact fanless PCs.
Other features of Airtop2 Fanless PC are up to 64 GB DDR4, high-performance storage sub-system with 2x NVMe as well as 4x 2.5″ SATA SSDs / HDDs, tool-free service and a broad selection of FACE Module extensions.
Natural Airflow Technology
Passive cooling on the Airtop2 Fanless PC is silent, and requires little to no maintenance. Compulab’s Natural Airflow cooling technology is a heat exchange system that stimulates airflow without moving parts, and cools the major heat sources in a PC. The CPU, GPU and any internal storage devices. it does this by using a dedicated thermal zone independent of the other two.
Natural Airflow (NAF) technology is based on a multi-stage heat-exchanger. The first stage is a mirror-polished copper-plate attached to the hot spot. The 2nd stage is a set of high-performance flat heat-pipes arranged in a crisscross array that spread the heat evenly onto the surface of the air-tubes panel. The last stage is upward airflow generated inside the air-tubes by the stack effect due to the temperature gradient between the air-tubes and the air within. This gives it an ability to deal with dust and moisture much better than standard computers with forced air cooling. This requires no maintenance from moving parts, filters or tight airways.
The small Airtop2 Fanless PC allows easy accesss to RAM and storage devices with a tool-less design that snaps open allowing easy swapping when needed. The front panel also allows an embedded OLED display with things like power and temperatures which are pulled from the OS and motherboard in real time. With all aluminum parts die casted and machined it fits seamlessly for a rugged enclosure while still remaining light.
“With a 2nd generation product like Airtop2 we usually observe high customer satisfaction NAF cooling worked extremely well in Airtop1 and is now considered field-proven technology. In Airtop2 the core components – CPU, graphics and RAM are modernized with increased capacity and performance, the storage system is completely revamped and is now not only on-par with storage of current small-form-factor PCs but has best-in-class performance, capacity, cooling and serviceability. Professionals and enthusiasts alike have a keen interest in Airtop2 but while professionals focus on ruggedization and modularity, enthusiasts care for performance and silent operation. Airtop2 is geared towards professionals. For enthusiasts we are introducing an enhanced-performance variant – the Airtop2 Inferno.”
Irad Stavi, Chief Product Officer at Compulab.
Airtop2 Fanless PC Specifications and Pricing
- Intel Xeon Processor E3-1275 v6
- Intel Core i7-7700 Processor
Intel C236 Chipset
Dual channel unbuffered DDR4-2400 ECC/non ECC up to 64 GB (4x DIMM slots)
Graphics & display
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 – 2x DisplayPort 1.2 (4K @ 60 Hz) + HDMI 1.4 (4K @ 24 Hz)
- Optional NVIDIA Quadro P4000 8 GB – 4x DisplayPort 1.4 (5K @ 60 Hz | 4K @ 120 Hz)
- Optional GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB – 3x DisplayPort 1.4 (4K @ 120 Hz) + HDMI 2.0b (4K @ 60 Hz)
- Note: Airtop2 can operate 7 displays (integrated + discrete graphics) simultaneously
- 2x NVMe | SATA – M.2 M-key 2280 | 2260 | 2242 | 2230 – PCIe x4 | SATA 3 6 Gbps
- 4x 2.5″ SATA 3.0 HDD/SSD with RAID support
- Optional NVM3 card with 3x NVMe – 3x NVME M.2 M-key 2260 | 2280 | 22110 – NGSFF support
- 2x Gbit Ethernet (integrated)
- 4x Gbit Ethernet (optional, using FACE Module)
- WiFi 802.11ac + BT 4.2 (M.2 E-key)
- Cellular data communication (M.2 B-key) + micro-SIM socket
- miniPCIe with micro-SIM socket (on FC-AT2 FACE Module
- 4x SMA antennas
- 6x USB 3.0 type-A (rear panel)
- 2x USB 3.0 type-A (front panel, on FC-AT2 FACE Module)
- Realtek ALC1150 audio codec
- Optical S/PDIF output (Toslink)
- HDMI audio
- Extra ALC1150 audio codec (on FC-AT2 FACE Module)
- Line-out (front panel)
- Mic-in (front panel)
3x RS232 ports (2x full-UART + 1x RX/TX)
- 1x PCIe x16 Gen 3 (shared with graphics card)
- 1x M.2 E-key (normally used for WiFi adapter)
- 1x M.2 B-key (normally used for 4G modem)
Compulab Function And Connectivity Extension Module (FACE Module) (normally used for FC-AT2, other FACE Modules available)
Natural airflow (NAF) cooling
Fanless natural convection cooling with no moving parts.
2x DC inputs with automatic failover.
Trusted platform module 2.0
Integrated in chipset. Optional discrete TPM.
I3M (integrated interactive information monitor)
An integrated OLED display with navigation keypad for displaying real time power consumption, temperatures and system information.
Digital power & reset management using FPGA
Provides precise power-sequencing timing and system voltage monitoring.
Clamshell opening | tool-free service
Case opens by pressing the top-bar. RAM modules and HDD-cartridge require no tools for installation.
System diagnostics LEDs
Discrete LED indicators of RAM detection, BIOS post HDMI and DisplayPort detection for quick field diagnostics in case of booting issues.
System boots automatically when power is resumed.
BIOS & OS
AMI Aptio V
- Windows 10 Professional | Linux Mint
- Compatible with other Windows 10 variants.
- Compatible with other Linux variants.
- Compatible with other hypervisors and operating systems (e.g. ESXi, FreeBSD)
Input voltage range
19V – 24V (+/- 10%)
8W – 240W
Power consumption depends on
- CPU and graphics card
- System load
- Installed devices
- Connected peripherals
5% – 95% non-condensing
- All aluminum case, passive cooling
- Tool-free clamshell opening with Kensington lock
Dimensions10 cm (w) x 30 cm (h) x 25.5 cm (d) – 4″ (w) x 12″ (h) x 10″ (d)
Weight: 4.5 – 7.5 kg (depending on configuration)
- Wall mounting bracket
- DIN rail mounting
Price and availability
Airtop2 is available now from Compulab starting from $1335.
To order Airtop2 online check https://fit-iot.com/web/product/airtop2-build-to-order