CoD: Black Ops Cold War Adding MP and Zombies Maps, a New Operator, More in Coming Weeks
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 1 dropped last month, but much like they did with Modern Warfare, Activision is “reloading” the season a variety of additional content. This includes a new Operator (Zenya), two multiplayer maps (Sanatorium and Express), a Zombies map and mode, and more. You can check out a roadmap for the new CoD: Black Ops Cold War content, which will be released over the next two or three weeks.
- Zenya (January 21) - NATO gains another badass Operator for their ranks, as Zeyna Ossou, last seen alongside Bulldozer and Russel Adler at The Pines mall to take down Stitch, will be available for deployment next week. This Senegal-born DGSE Mobility and Heavy Weapons specialist has been a motorhead for as long as she can remember. Growing up around the garages of her rally driver father, she jokes that she has gasoline in her veins. Although she is a risk-taker and a bit of a wild card during infiltrations, Zeyna’s colleagues know her to be the one you want at the tip of the spear.
New Multiplayer Maps
- Sanatorium (Live Now) - Ten squads of four will head up to the Ural Plains to fight over objectives and vehicles on land, sea, and air. Low wooded hills provide cover for squads to gain reconnaissance over the roughly circular-shaped main “hotel”: a concrete, brutalist architectural behemoth flanked by lakeside structures and a large wooden dock. With links to secret testing within State Sanatorium U-23, notes found within the grounds of this sprawling complex indicate a conditioning trial known as Project Golova.
- Express (6v6) (February 4) - Returning from Call of Duty: Black Ops II, known fondly as the hi-tech train station that hosted many a jaw-dropping moment in competitive Call of Duty history. Express is a roughly U-shaped map featuring two train tracks looping around the transportation hub’s main hall. Players can expect plenty of close-quarters combat in the hall, but should note that its glass ceiling leaves it susceptible to enemy Scorestreaks. Long-range combat can take place across the train tracks, especially when looking out from the skybridges on either side of the map. These areas are also great places to watch one of the high-speed trains bolt by the station on one of the tracks, where it won’t hesitate to take out any Operator who doesn’t mind the gap.
- Dropkick (Live Now) - This frantic game of nuclear hot potato features two teams each vying for control of an extremely important briefcase. The round begins with each team racing to the location of the nuclear briefcase and attempting to pick it up. Anyone grabbing the briefcase is automatically equipped with a powerful pistol, but it’s ideally up to the rest of the team to keep the briefcase carrier safe. The team with the case gains access to launch codes, as well as an ever-increasing score for their team. If you die while your team controls the briefcase, you will not respawn until your carrier has been eliminated and the briefcase has been dropped. If your team isn’t carrying the case, it must be flushed out and retrieved before it’s too late. Once one team reaches the score limit by controlling and owning the briefcase, orders to execute a nuclear strike are confirmed, and the round is won… in a highly explosive manner! The first team to 200 score wins.
- Snipers Only Moshpit (In Season) - Get ready, snipers. Later in Season One, Treyarch is bringing the new Snipers Only Moshpit mode to Black Ops Cold War, where two teams of six will throw down in Team Deathmatch and Domination with all weapons restricted except sniper rifles. Lethal and tactical equipment, as well as Scorestreak weapons (such as the War Machine), will also be restricted for a pure snipers-only experience.
- Endurance Mode (In Season) - In the upcoming Endurance variant, 10 squads of four will drop into Alpine, Ruka, and Sanatorium to collect uranium and arm bombs throughout the match. However, after one bomb detonates, a new one will now come online to take its place, ensuring that there will always be five bombs available instead of an initial set of five that gets reduced to a single bomb. This introduces a new layer of strategy and non-stop action to these already intense 40-player battlegrounds.
- Cranked (Live Now) - Today, “Die Maschine” gets its newest limited-time mode – both literally and figuratively. In Cranked, you’ll have to keep one eye on the countdown timer, and the other on your zombie-killing: spend too long without an undead takedown and you’ll explode! There’s no time to lose as your survival depends on frantic, terror-filled takedowns where the only respite is the Cranked Timer power-up, granting a brief breather before the carnage continues.
New Zombies Map
- Firebase Z (February 4) - With the site of “Projekt Endstation” destroyed after investigating the Dark Aether anomaly in Poland, the Requiem response team led by Grigori Weaver now turns its attention to the latest outbreak site, codenamed “Firebase Z.”
New Onslaught Maps (PlayStation Exclusive)
- Raid (Live Now) and Express (Feb. 4) - PlayStation members of Requiem will face a new challenge on the legendary Multiplayer map Raid, starting today. And on Feb. 4, Express will also join the map list when it makes its Onslaught debut. Go for Gold as you keep up with the Dark Aether Orb, which will shift to different areas of Raid’s swank Los Angeles mansion as the zombie horde becomes more fearsome. Earn Bronze, Silver, and Gold rankings by destroying enough Elites, and you’ll unlock some exclusive rewards. You might even discover some new Dark Aether intel along the way...
Haven’t tried out CoD: Black Ops Cold War's new Zombies mode yet? The mode is free to play until January 21. Both Cold War and Warzone are also going to have a double XP weekend (January 15 through January 19).
CoD: Black Ops Cold War is available now on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and PS5.
Products mentioned in this post
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter