Install ClockworkMod Recovery 6 On Verizon Galaxy Tab 2 Easily [Guide]
Finally there is some great news for all Galaxy Tab 2 7” owners. Clockwork Mod Recovery 18.104.22.168 Non-Touch has been ported to Galaxy Tab 2 meaning that you are all set to flash, backup and wipe on your rooted tablet. This version of ClockworkMod recovery has been ported from Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy S III. In order to install this recovery on your 7 Inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, you must have root along with simple know-how of running and handling the terminal Emulator.
In this post, we will guide you through the process of installing ClockworkMod Recovery 6 on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. However, please make sure that you understand all the risks involved and you are ready to not to blame us if you end up with your device gone insane, bricked or flamed.
This a pretty simple installation procedure so let’s see how you can get ClockworkMod Recovery 6 on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Before proceeding any further from this point, please understand that this method is only doable on Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, the 7 Inch version.
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your 7” Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. In case you don’t have root, then stop here and follow this link to obtain full rooting information and guide.
- Once you are done rooting your tab or you have confirmed that you have an already rooted tab, download ClockWorkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 file from here.
- After the download is complete, connect your tab to the computer, mount SD card and copy the downloaded recovery file to SD card root.
- Now disconnect your tab from the computer and make sure its connected over a stable Wi-Fi or network connection.
- Launch the Google Play store and download Terminal Emulator from it.
- After the terminal emulator is downloaded and installed on your tab, tap on the terminal emulator icon to start the app.
- Once you can see the terminal interface, type the following commands as they are:
su dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 reboot recovery
Once done, be happy and dandy as your tablet now rocks with the latest ClockworkMod Recovery available. However, after you have flashed this recovery image on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, it is important to ensure that you never accept any over the air (OTA) updated from Verizon. Any attempts to do otherwise might leave you root less with potentials of a brick looming as well. All thanks for this tutorial goes to MrHyde03, Senior XDA member. If you like the tutorial or have some questions, please head to the official XDA discussion thread posted here.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter