Chivalry 2 Shows Off Its Factions in New Trailers, Crossplay Closed Beta Contents Detailed
The crossplay closed beta for the multiplayer hack ‘n’ slash Chivalry 2 was supposed to happen in late March, but well, that obviously didn’t happen. The beta has instead been pushed back to April, and Chivalry 2 developer Torn Banner Studios have released a series of trailers to get players hyped for the new date. First up, we have a couple cinematic trailers introducing the game’s two factions, The Mason Order and The Agatha Knights.
Torn Banner has also released a new Chivalry 2 gameplay trailer showing off content from the beta (including flaming chickens!)
The closed beta is available to everyone who pre-orders Chivalry 2, and those looking to play on consoles can now do just that (PC pre-orders have already been available via the Epic Games Store for a while). Here’s what you can expect from the beta…
- Cross-Play Across All Platforms: Cross-Play smashes the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to face-off on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
- Size Matters: Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, charge forth to the frontlines of battle, and experience true mass-scale combat supporting up to 64-players designed to capture the intensity and scope of “The Battle of the Bastards” from Game of Thrones.
- Master Blade, Bow, or…Chicken: Your arsenal expands with the new subclass system that provides more variety than ever before. Four base classes expand to 12 subclasses, including the Skirmisher, a melee/ranged hybrid – to the Poleman, a fighter who keeps foes at bay with long-distance melee.
- The World is Your Weapon: Own the field with a variety of heavy siege engines including Ballistae, Catapults, Trebuchet, Battering Rams, Mantlets, Spike Traps, Ladders and more. Utilize traps to defend, including spikes, bear traps, and more. You can even deal damage with a smorgasbord of “found items” on the battlefield. Try downing a cup of mead and deal a killing blow with the empty chalice or finish off a foe by smashing him in the face with a flaming chicken!
- New Map – The Siege of Rudhelm: In the first public hands-on of Chivalry 2 since PAX East 2020, experience the return of the fan-favorite Team Objective mode and join attacking or defending teams as 64-players vie for control of a well-fortified castle in a never-before-seen map.
- Many Modes: In addition to Team Objective mode, closed beta participants can also sharpen their skills in a variety of other modes, including Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All.
Chivalry 2 marches onto PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and PS5 on June 8. The crossplay closed beta will run from April 23 to April 26.
Products mentioned in this post
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter