CD PROJEKT RED Recouped Cyberpunk 2077 Development and Marketing Costs Just with Digital Pre-Orders
In a note issued to investors yesterday, CD PROJEKT RED revealed to have already recouped development and marketing costs for Cyberpunk 2077 just with digital pre-order sales. This suggests that any physical sales, as well as digital non-preorder (that is to say, from December 10th onward) sales, will translate into profits for the Polish company.
The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered office in Warsaw (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) hereby announces that the estimated licensing royalties receivable by the Company in association with pre-order sales of Cyberpunk 2077 across all of its digital distribution channels have exceeded the sum of the following:
- total development expenditures related to the game, and
- the game’s marketing and promotional costs borne by the Company - either already incurred or anticipated for the remainder of 2020.
This, coupled with the previous news that Cyberpunk 2077 registered over eight million pre-orders across all platforms, bodes very well for the financial success of the highly anticipated first-person open world RPG. The game didn't ship without bugs, granted, but the developers have already begun fixing some of them, while free DLC will be released in early 2021 ahead of the announced paid expansions.
Now that the game is officially out, what are your impressions so far? Let us know in the comments!
Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis
obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.
- Become a cyberpunk, an urban mercenary equipped with cybernetic enhancements and build your legend on the streets of Night City.
- Enter the massive open world of Night City, a place that sets new standards in terms of visuals, complexity and depth.
- Take the riskiest job of your life and go after a prototype implant that is the key to immortality.
Products mentioned in this post
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter