Battlefield V Gets Firestorm Battle Royale Mode Reveal Trailer
A new Battlefield V trailer has been released today, focusing on the upcoming Firestorm battle royale mode.
The new trailer, which features a cinematic created with the game's engine, sadly doesn't show any actual gameplay. New footage, however, is expected to be shared later today, so we will see more of the mode in action very soon.
In the past week, more details on the Battlefield V battle royale mode emerged online, hinting at the fact that its official reveal would be coming soon. Most of the details came through the tutorial video and datamining.
General info and game mode start
- three variants: solo, duo (2 player teams), squad (4 player teams) with a player maximum of 64 per match
- typical Battlefield classes will be present / choosable (snippet: ui/shared/widgets/classinforenderwidget)
- code shows signs of an LFG system and “backfilling” entries
- will have a separate ranking system
- will (probably) occur in Tides of War – at least the code for a connection is already there
- takes place in Norway (snippet: “/sparta/casablanca/royale/dk_norway-bd00e4f9.png” – also the level name itself contains the word “norway”)
- you parachute from a plane into the war zone (snippet: Paradrop_Exit)
- your hud will show an altimeter during the free fall / flight (snippet: ui/ingame/hud/widgets/parachutealtimeter)
- if you get shot by an enemy you enter a “downed” state where you can crawl (but probably not fight) (snippet: DownedState_Crawl_LEFT_3)
- there are various hints to a 3rd person camera angle but they are always tacked to the parachute start or when you get downed / killed
- you have an inventory where you can store loot you find (snippet: UI/Ingame/Hud/Minimap/Inventroy – btw the typo is directly taken from the code)
- loot has four types of “rarity” (snippet: ui/rarityselection; UI/s/HUD/Loot/RarityOne, UI/s/HUD/Loot/RarityTwo, …)
- you can find better backpacks (three tiers) to extend your inventory
- the map features safes that can be opened (this will be tracked in your stats) (snippet: safesOpened: w(t.royale.safesOpened, 0))
- there are dynamic objectives on the map which you can capture (e.g. “resupply points” as mentioned later)
- dynamic objectives may also be connected to “lockups” / “vehicle breakouts” mentioned in the code (snippet: w(t.royale.vehicleBreakoutsOpened, 0))
- weapons will categorized in tiers (1-4 can be found, 0 may be some kind of start equipment)
- the HUD can feature six types of ammo: LMG, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, SMG and Sniper (snippet: ui/images/hud/ammo/ammo_lmg)
Battlefield V is now available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in all regions.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter