Battlefield V Leaked Firestorm Video Showcases Huge Map And More
EA and DICE still have to show the Battlefield V Firestorm battle royale mode in action, but the first look at this mode is finally possible thanks to a leaked video.
The new video, which can be watched below, showcases the mode's tutorial and gives us a look at the Firestorm mode's basic mechanics. It also showcases the map, which looks huge.
Yesterday, some more details on the Battlefield V battle royale mode emerged online through data mining.
General info and game mode start
- three variants: solo, duo (2 player teams), squad (4 player teams) with a player maximum of 64 per match
- typical Battlefield classes will be present / choosable (snippet: ui/shared/widgets/classinforenderwidget)
- code shows signs of an LFG system and “backfilling” entries
- will have a separate ranking system
- will (probably) occur in Tides of War – at least the code for a connection is already there
- takes place in Norway (snippet: “/sparta/casablanca/royale/dk_norway-bd00e4f9.png” – also the level name itself contains the word “norway”)
- you parachute from a plane into the war zone (snippet: Paradrop_Exit)
- your hud will show an altimeter during the free fall / flight (snippet: ui/ingame/hud/widgets/parachutealtimeter)
- if you get shot by an enemy you enter a “downed” state where you can crawl (but probably not fight) (snippet: DownedState_Crawl_LEFT_3)
- there are various hints to a 3rd person camera angle but they are always tacked to the parachute start or when you get downed / killed
- you have an inventory where you can store loot you find (snippet: UI/Ingame/Hud/Minimap/Inventroy – btw the typo is directly taken from the code)
- loot has four types of “rarity” (snippet: ui/rarityselection; UI/s/HUD/Loot/RarityOne, UI/s/HUD/Loot/RarityTwo, …)
- you can find better backpacks (three tiers) to extend your inventory
- the map features safes that can be opened (this will be tracked in your stats) (snippet: safesOpened: w(t.royale.safesOpened, 0))
- there are dynamic objectives on the map which you can capture (e.g. “resupply points” as mentioned later)
- dynamic objectives may also be connected to “lockups” / “vehicle breakouts” mentioned in the code (snippet: w(t.royale.vehicleBreakoutsOpened, 0))
- weapons will categorized in tiers (1-4 can be found, 0 may be some kind of start equipment)
- the HUD can feature six types of ammo: LMG, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, SMG and Sniper (snippet: ui/images/hud/ammo/ammo_lmg)
Battlefield V is now available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in all regions.