First Battlefield Hardline Patch Adds Gameplay Changes and Bug Fixes
The very first Battlefield Hardline patch is now finding it's way to players on all platforms. And it brings with it a long list of changes and fixes.
Battlefield Hardline Patch 1.02 is released on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One, optimizations, fixes and gameplay changes in tow.
The community hath spoketh and DICE hath listened. In addition to a great deal of bug fixes and also improving the performance of the game, the first Battlefield Hardline patch adds some gameplay altering changes that the community has mostly spoken for.
Crucially, weapons have been further tuned with improvements and balancing for six different weapons based on community feedback. Battle rifle ammo, for instance, now produces at least 25 hit points of damage, while the minimum damage of the AKM has been reduced to just 24.
In addition to that, the battlepacks have been reworked to give players a better chance at getting something actually nice instead of collecting boosts as happened in Battlefield 4, you'll now receive more useful items in the Bronze battlepack.
The full patch notes for the PC are listed below for your reading pleasure. Let us know if you enjoy the changes that have been made, or if you enjoy the game at all.
- Bronze packs – changes made to the last slot drop to improve the chances of collectibles and vouchers rather than boosts
- Silver packs – made the first 3 slots like a Bronze pack, and removed any chances of getting standard drops and increased the chances of collectibles for the last slot
- Gold packs – made the first 4 slots as Silver pack, and removed any chances of getting standard items, drops advanced vouchers and greatly increased the chances of getting superior or distinguished items
- Shortcut Battlepacks added
- Added the Prima Guide’s Gold Battlepack
- Adjusted the RPG to only have 1 ammo when picked up from a vehicle trunk and to have less splash damage
- Fixed a crash related to some specific Nvidia based video cards
- Fixed some low reproduction crashes related to video card drivers
- Fixed crashes in multiplayer based on data from BugSentry (internal crash tracking tool for live servers)
- Bullet impacts near the player no longer cause camera shake in certain cases
- Fixed an issue in the Hollywood Heights map that allowed players to grab cash through a roof in the Blood Money game mode
- Optimized game engine to increase graphics performance while punkbuster is running
- Fixed an issue where the Hotwire game mode was showing as available for the Hollywood Heights MP map
- Adjusted Team Death Match spawns so player is closer to friendlies and further from enemies
- Adjusted tickets to 600 for Conquest Small and 999 for Conquest Large
- Added Conquest Large to the Growhouse map
- Fixed an issue were some game modes didn’t have the correct amount of tickets
- Fixed an issue with server customization settings for certain game modes
- Added ability to clear and save a maplist when using the remote console server controls
- Increased the size of the text character limit for the MP map lists
- Added licenses for all items granted in the DLC shortcuts
- Fixed an issue where players could bypass the timer at the beginning of the round during Rescue and Crosshair
- Fixed an issue with the Chinese language EULA referring to another game title
- Reduced the health of the couch and reduced the rate at which it can be repaired
- Adjusted the criminal and law enforcement variants of the sedan so that they now take the same damage per bullet from weapons
- K10 – reduced start damage to 33 and end damage to 8
- Saiga, PTR 91, HCAR, and HK51 – reduced the amount of vertical recoil
- RO993 – increased the rate of fire to 850
- Jury 410 – increased the amount of damage per pellet to 20
- FMG9 – increased max damage to 25
- Battle Rifle ammo – increased min damage to 25
- AKM – bullet min damage decreased to 24
- Fixed dev only bugs related to command line arguments used for testing
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter