Battlefield Hardline received a stealthy update yesterday for PS4, Xbox One and the PC. This patch brings it up to version 2.0. The list of changes are small and seem to be regular bug fixes.
Battlefield Hardline 2.0: Does it fix the fun?
The Battlelog game launcher never quite worked correctly all of the time anyway, so with the latest update to Battlefield Hardline, you don't need it. Now it's capable of launching on it's own right. I know that I've experienced a lot of frustration in the past when Hardline seemed to want to magically fail, no doubt due to the Chrome plugin. That shouldn't be an issue now.
The patch notes are listed below, though it's quite small in size. This appears to be a small evolution that tackles quality issues. Oddly an iteration change from '1' to '2' usually brings more content or more significant changes.
• (PC) Removed requirement for Google Chrome plug-in support as Origin now provides the functionality that the Google Chrome plug-in used to handle.
• (Xbox One) Fixed a known client side crash.
• Bank: Fixed an issue where players could climb a Grappling Hook shot into the ceiling above the offices on the 2nd level of the Bank.
• The Beat: Fixed an issue where players were able to float in the sky.
• Fixed an issue where correct Server Types were not being filtered properly in the Server Browser.
• (PS4) Fixed an issue where the game crashes when navigating through the CUSTOMIZE menu.
• Fixed an issue with Map filters not working properly.
• Implemented fixes with known TDM issues.