Battlefield 1’s In the Name of the Tsar Expansion is Free For a Limited Time
Get ready for another infusion of free Battlefield 1 DLC. Earlier this month, EA made the They Shall Not Pass expansion available for free for a limited time, and now they’re giving away the second Battlefield 1 expansion, In the Name of the Tsar. As before, you get to keep the DLC if you download it during the free promotional period. Will EA eventually offer similar promotions for Turning Tides and Apocalypse, giving away the entire Battlefield 1 season pass one expansion at a time? It seems like that may be the plan. Check out an In the Name of the Tsar trailer, below.
In the Name of the Tsar puts you in command of the Russian Army, as they attempt to defend the most extensive front of World War I. Expect all the usual goodies from the expansion, including:
New Game Mode: Supply Drop
Join a fast-paced fight for supplies on the Eastern Front as planes airdrop everything needed to outgun and outscore your opponents.
Two New Operations
Experience the brutal Brusilov Offensive and fight for Tsaritsyn in Red Tide in two epic Operations.
Evolved Cavalry Gameplay
Ride with the legendary Hussars and charge into battle with new tactical possibilities. Master the all-new lance and evolved horse move set.
Tweak general and class-specific skills with Specializations like Quick Regen and Bayonet Training. Service Assignments unlock new Specializations.
- Tsaritsyn – The Red Army and the White Army battle among barricaded streets as the old and new regimes fight for the soul of Russia. This up-close and personal infantry fight is as brutal as they come.
- Volga River – A ruined battleground sets the stage for a tank fight between the Bolsheviks in red and the Imperial Army in white. Shelters provide cover from the freezing cold and the constant exchange of heavy firepower.
- Lupkow Pass – Fight in the snow-covered ravines of the treacherous Lupkow Pass. Against this dramatic backdrop, the vertical fights are as bitter as the cold. Coming in August, followed by the entirety of the expansion pack in September.
- Albion – Partake in the skirmishes of the Albion assault in a freezing archipelago. In this massive invasion of the Baltic peninsula, the German Empire attacks with infantry, dreadnoughts, and aircraft against the heavy coastal gun battery.
- Galicia – In the midst of the epic Brusilov Offensive, the Russian Empire is fighting to push back the Austro-Hungarian forces in the countryside. Take on an open map focused on infantry, cavalry, and light vehicles.
- Brusilov Keep – The Russians have pushed their enemy into a small mountain town, but the Austro-Hungarians are making a stand. Experience close-quarter fights by the Carpathians on an infantry-focused map.
In addition to the stuff above, you also get the typical assortment of new weapons, vehicles, and gadgets. In the Name of the Tsar usually costs $15, so this is a deal worth grabbing.