Let's do this, pirates. Dontnod Eleven announced that their online side scrolling shooter, Battlecrew Space Pirates is available on Steam Early Access.
Battlecrew is being referred to as a competitive 2.5D multiplayer shooter. You lead your team in an online assault against other space pirates all over the Milky Way.
Here is a list of what Early Access users will be able to experience this week according to Dontnod:
- Gold Rush multiplayer game mode: work together as a team in 4 vs 4! In Gold Rush, the player and his team must collect as much gold as possible to win while battling against the opposite team. The 2 vs 2 Team Deathmatch mode will be added as a free update during Early Access phase.
- Fast and addictive gameplay designed for competition: in Battlecrew, games are based on skill and cooperation with up to 8 players!4 character classes, each with different playing style! A richly-colored cast of cool and charismatic pirates!
- Tortuga, the game community’ hub, is where pirates live and meet, check the game statistics and leaderboard, customize their avatar, check the community challenges, and launch games.
- Pirate Bounties: Battlecrew regularly challenges the community! Maps, skins, taunts, game modes… All the unlockable content makes Battlecrew a packed and evolving universe!
- Create your own Squad! Gamers can invite their friends to create their own team of space pirates and raid the worlds of Battlecrew together!
Oskar Guilbert, CEO of DONTNOD Entertainment, is eager to see what sort of feedback they get during the Early Access phase of development:
It is great to see the indie development team at DONTNOD ELEVEN taking their first step towards a bigger audience and we are excited to see the progress and how player feedback shapes Battlecrew Space Pirates in the coming months in Early Access.
Battlecrew Space Pirates is out now on Steam Early Access. It's currently at a discounted price of $6.99.