Batman Arkham Origins Dev Confirms It’s Working On A “DC Franchise”
Warner Bros Montreal developed, among other games, Batman Arkham Origins, the third entry in the series created bo Rocksteady Games. We haven't heard much about what the developer is up to these days, but it seems like it's working on a game based upon a DC Comics franchise.
On his Twitter profile, Osama Dorias, Game Designer at Warner Bros Montreal, confirmed that the team is working on a game based on a "DC franchise". Sadly, no additional information has been provided.
— Osama Dorias (@osamadorias) July 21, 2019
Batman Arkham Origins has been released back in 2013 on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. While not among the best entries in the series, it is a very good game that delves deeper in Batman's story, showing the hero at the beginning of his career.
- The Arkham Story Begins: Batman: Arkham Origins features a pivotal tale set on Christmas Eve where Batman is hunted by eight of the deadliest assassins from the DC Comics Universe. Players become an early-career Batman as he encounters for the first time many of the characters that shape his future.
- Enhanced Detective Mode: Think like Batman with an all-new Case File system that allows players to analyze seemingly impossible-to-solve crime reconstructions in real time. Combining Batman’s cowl sensors with the Batcomputer, players can digitally recreate crimes and study detailed simulation of the act as it happened.
- Gotham City will learn to fear Batman: Take back the sprawling streets of Gotham years before its transformation into Arkham City. Glide above or battle your way through new and ever more dangerous districts in the quest for justice. Prevent crimes in progress, take down gangs of violent new criminals and explore deadly new locations, from the impoverished streets to the penthouses of Gotham’s wealthy.
- Gotham’s Most Wanted: The city streets are filled with more than just Black Mask’s assassins. Locate and take down Gotham’s most violent and dangerous criminals to earn unique upgrades.
- Lethal New Enemies: Fight new foes such as the Armored Enforcer, the Martial Artist and more – each of which challenge players to approach Batman’s FreeFlow Combat scenarios in different ways. Classic FreeFlow combat is expanded with every new opponent – and with Batman’s abilities to engage them.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter