ARK: Survival Evolved – Multiplayer First Person Survival Game with Dinosaurs
ARK: Survival Evolved is a multiplayer first person survival game coming to Early Access in June 2015. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions also planned with a release in 2016.
In this multiplayer first person survival game, you awake freezing and starving on a mysterious island. Hunt, harvest, craft items, grow crops, and build shelters to survive. Use cunning and resources to kill or tame and ride the Dinosaurs and primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape.
“ARK is a huge game, in terms of geographical space, scope of content, features, technology, and just about every other metric. We're a veteran team with some major hits behind our leads, and much of the core challenge is already met, but this is still an ambitious one for us. We want the player community's help to 'evolve' ARK into the dinosaur world game that we've been dreaming about since the days we played with plastic green T-Rex toys during elementary school recess, since we shed a tear to 'The Land Before Time', since we wistfully imagined the towering cities of 'Dinotopia', and since we nearly choked on our popcorn to the thrills of 'Jurassic Park'. We love games, and holy smokes do we ever love dinos (along with all sorts of other extinct creatures/natural sciences), and through interaction and iteration with the ARK's community, we think we have the best shot at creating the be-all, end-all long-term prehistoric universe that we want to live and thrive in. We have a great start, and with your valued input and contributions, we will take it all the way together!”
Planned Core Features of ARK: Survival Evolved include, among many other things:
- Mac and Linux versions
- Procedurally Generated ARK's
- 40+ more creatures to reach over 70, with essentially every major category of extinct animal represented in some way
- More saddle types including saddle armor tiers and saddles with powerful weapons mounted on them
- Gas-powered Vehicles
- Human/Dino Body-Paints
- Enhanced building mechanics to evolve ARK into one of the best straight-up builder games out there
- More underwater biome/ecosystem complexity, including support for vacuum-sealed underwater bases
- Lots more items, weapons, armors and further advanced tech tiers
- More item skins, limited run event skins
- More bosses and the end-game cycle including the Ultimate Life Form & Ascension
- More biome types, including deserts, snow regions, swamps, and more.
- Steam Economy Support for Statistical Items (Need some Steam API functionality for this from Valve!)
- Way more plants and more detailed plant biology systems/farming systems
- More statistical modelling of status illnesses/diseases (both player and creature)
- Better SFX, more Music, Better UI's, Better Gamepad support (i.e. UI button shortcut callouts),
- Better VR support (i.e. HMD gun-aim option)
We will bring you any new information on ARK: Survival Evolved as soon as it becomes available. You can apply for the Multiplayer Beta here.