Apple Reveals Names Of Top 25 Apps That Were Compromised By XcodeGhost Malware
As we are slowly moving away from the whole XcodeGhost fiasco, a lot of questions are being raised by people around the globe. And in that noise, Apple is doing all it can to get developers on board in the most proper way possible, making sure that they are using legit tools, which are sourced from Apple itself, to craft apps and games. But apart from that, Apple has been vocal about the whole incident, and has today revealed the top 25 names of apps and games which were compromised by the XcodeGhost malware over at the App Store.
While many security firms have already revealed countless names of apps and games that were compromised by XcodeGhost, but Apple's list is as official things can get, given the current situation. And as you can see from the list itself, it's populated by well-known titles such as WeChat and a whole lot more.
Here's the complete list of apps as pointed out by Apple itself that were infested with XcodeGhost malware:
- DiDi Taxi
- 58 Classified - Job, Used Cars, Rent
- Gaode Map - Driving and Public Transportation
- Railroad 12306
- China Unicom Customer Service
- CarrotFantasy 2: Daily Battle
- Miraculous Warmth
- Call Me MT 2 - Multi-server version
- Angry Bird 2
- Baidu Music - A Music Player that has Downloads, Ringtones, Music Videos, Radio, and Karaoke
- DuoDuo Ringtone
- NetEase Music - An Essential for Radio and Song Download
- Foreign Harbor - The Hottest Platform for Oversea Shopping
- Battle of Freedom (The MOBA mobile game)
- One Place - Embark
- Let's Cook
- Heroes of Order & Chaos - Multiplayer Online Game
- Dark Dawn - Under the Icing City
- I Like Being With You
- Flush HD
- Encounter - Local Chatting Tool
Do keep in mind that most of the above mentioned apps have been removed from the App Store, while others have been updated by the developers themselves that do not have any trace of XcodeGhost malware at all.
Apart from the list above, Apple has also published an FAQ on its website regarding the malware itself.
Click on the image above to get a clearer view of the text
Apple has also revealed that they will be notifying users whether or not they have installed XcodeGhost infested apps. And if you do happen to test positive, then you might need to delete some apps off your device to jump back to the safe side of the fence.
Jailbroken user? Then you can utilize Pangu's tool to check for XcodeGhost malware on your device as well: How To Scan Jailbroken iPhone, iPad For XcodeGhost Malware.