Anthem Update Adds a New Stronghold, Reduces Need for Tedious Fort Tarsis Visits
Anthem has just dropped a new update, and it’s a fairly substantial one. The big addition is the Sunken Cell, an all-new stronghold to bolster the game’s thin endgame content. BioWare has also made a number of changes that will reduce players’ need to constantly revisit Fort Tarsis (and sit through the associated loading screens). Of course, a long list of balance changes and bug fixes have been made as well. You can get a brief peek at the new stronghold, below.
The Sunken Cell stronghold is now live – enter the stronghold with your fellow Freelancers to put an end to the Dominion’s deadly plans.
— Anthem (@anthemgame) April 23, 2019
Here are your patch notes for Anthem update 1.10:
- The Sunken Cell stronghold is now available to all players who have completed the main story (critical path).
- Added the ability to select contracts from the start of expedition screen rather than going to the individual contract boards in Fort Tarsis or in the Launch Bay.
- Added the ability to launch a new mission from the end of expedition screen without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay.
- Added the ability to access the Forge during Missions, Strongholds and Freeplay. You can now change your gear without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay!
- Added additional cortex entries to explain combo, detonator, and primer abilities.
Added new Universal Masterwork Components
- Extended Sniper Magazine: Adds specialized storage for enhanced sniper rifle ammunition. Increases damage by 30% of base damage. Increases maximum magazine size of sniper rifles by a large amount.
- Rapid Hollow Points: Adds specialized ammo storage for machine pistols and autocannons. Increases damage by 30%. Increases weak point damage of machine pistols and autocannons.
- Extended Special Arms Magazine: Adds specialized ammo storage for heavy pistols and grenade launchers. Increases damage by 30%. Increases maximum magazine size of heavy pistols and grenade launchers by a large amount.
- Added primer/detonator icons in the cortex next to gear entries.
- Fixed a bug where “Legendary Freelancer” Javelin challenge objectives weren’t completing correctly in the challenge journal.
- Resolved an issue where players were being kicked back to Fort Tarsis when loading into quickplay missions.
- Fixed a problem where the “Arcanist Loyalty 3″ trophy could not granted on Playstation 4.
- Fixed an issue where notifications for challenges were not appearing correctly.
- Resolved an issue where after respawning, you could be downed again prior to re-loading back in fully.
- Added STT (Speech-to-Text) and TTS (Text-to-Speech) on all platforms.
Gameplay Balance Adjustments
Retaliation of Garretus – Trajector Machine Pistol
- Increased bonus from 200% to 400%
Rolling Carnage – Vengeance Shotgun
- Increased bonus from 50% stacking 3 times, to 83.33% stacking 3 times.
The Last Stand – Mauler Autocannon
- Increased bonus from 200% to 225%
Fist of Stral – Cloudburst Autocannon
- Increased bonus from 10% stacking 10 times, to 16% stacking 10 times.
Unending Battle – Fulcrum Machine Pistol
- Increased bonus from 110% to 135%
Death From Above – Guardian Marksman Rifle
- Increased bonus from 65% to 235%
Wyvern Blitz – Deadeye Sniper Rifle
- Increased bonus from 40% to 185%
Final Judgment – HE Mortar
- Increased bonus from 35% to 55%
Fist of the Crucible – Flamethrower
- Increased bonus from 12% *10 to 24% *10
Serpent’s Veil – Venom Bomb
- Increased bonus from 100% to 202.5%
Ruthless Stalker – Searching Glaive
- Increased bonus from 60% to 110%
Bitter Harvest – Cluster Mine
- Increased bonus from 60% to 110%
Cold Blooded – Frost Grenade
- Increased bonus from 235% to 270%
Avenger’s Boon – Pulse Blast
- Increased bonus from 210 % to 220%
Ponder Infinity – Lightning Strike
- Increased bonus from 60% to 165%
Chaotic Rime – Frost Shards
- Increased bonus from 125% to 250%
- Friendly player projectiles should now be able to pass through Javelins in your squad.
- Colossus’ Firewall Mortar should now more reliably spawn the Firewall effect when directly hitting enemies, sloped surfaces, or next to walls.
Status Effects / Combos
- Delay between when players and creatures are frozen and when the visual effect is applied has been reduced to improve readability of the status effect.
- If a player applies a status effect that already exists on a target, but the new status effect has a higher damage than the existing one, the damage will now scale to that higher value.
- Players who prime targets for combos will now also see the “Combo” text when detonated by another player.
- Increased the damage of the Electric status effect when applied to creatures.
If you want to get the full lowdown on every minor bug fix, you can check out the full, unabridged patch notes, right here.
Anthem is available now on PC, Xbox One, and PS4.